Sport Chalet Explosion Injures 2 In La Cañada Flintridge
Sport Chalet / Facebook
Two people apparently checking out a possible gas leak in a utility closet were burned when the room exploded this morning, fire officials said.
It happened at the Sport Chalet at La Cañada Flintridge's Town Center mall, an L.A. County Fire Department official told us. The two suffered "flash burns," and were taken to Huntington Memorial Hospital.
It was reported ...
... at 9:59 a.m., the fire official said.
View Larger Map
UCLA Men's Soccer v Oregon State & UCLA Women's Soccer v Stanford
TicketsThu., Oct. 26, 4:30pm
CSUN Womens Soccer
TicketsThu., Oct. 26, 7:00pm
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Toronto Raptors
TicketsFri., Oct. 27, 7:30pm
UCLA Women's Soccer v California & UCLA Men's Soccer v Washington
TicketsSun., Oct. 29, 1:00pm
South Bay Lakers vs. Northern Arizona Suns
TicketsSun., Oct. 29, 7:00pm
Two utility workers had been checking out the smell of natural gas in a closet that housed circuit breakers, according the department. That's when the explosion apparently happened.
It's not clear if the circuit breakers caused the blast, the fire official said. An arson investigator was at the scene this afternoon.
Damage was confined to the closet and the rest of the store was safe, the source said.
The workers' condition was unknown.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Los Angeles, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.