SoCal Dominates U.S. Facebook Check-Ins For 2013
Disneyland during the holidays. Photo by Lori Bucci/LA Weekly Flickr pool.
They like us. They really like us.
We're talking about the rest of the world. Despite the fact that travelers have ranked Los Angeles as one of America's top 10 unfriendliest cities, they still come. They can't help themselves.
See also: L.A. Is a Top 10 "Unfriendly" City?
The latest 2013 Facebook Year in Review puts three SoCal destinations on its annual map of "Top Check-Ins in the U.S":
In fact, if you look at it that way, Southern California check-ins dominated the ranking, since no other American metro region had more than one destination on the list.
The No. 1 American check-in spot was Disneyland and Disney California Adventure in Anaheim.
No. 4 on the list: Dodger Stadium. And No. 7? Universal Studios Hollywood.
It's the golden triangle of American tourism. Last year L.A. broke its own record with 41.4 million tourists coming to town.
Times Square in New York came in second; Florida-based Walt Disney World (also a property of Burbank-based Disney) came in third. Here's the list:
1. Disneyland & Disney California Adventure (Anaheim, CA)
2. Times Square (New York, NY)
3. Epcot - Walt Disney World (Lake Buena Vista, FL)
4. Dodger Stadium (Los Angeles, CA)
5. AT&T Park (San Francisco, CA)
6. Rangers Ballpark (Arlington, TX)
7. Universal Studios Hollywood (Universal City, CA)
8. Fenway Park (Boston, MA)
9. MGM Grand Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)
10. Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo (Houston, TX)
Haters gonna hate. But we're feeling the love right about now.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss LA Weekly's biggest stories.
- Shot Twice in the Back: Family of Brendon Glenn Sues LAPD
- Driver of Uber-Marked Car Fatally Shot
- Hollywood Hates Women a Little Bit Less This Year