San Bernardino Officials Want To Shut Down Venue That Hosted Displaced L.A. Rave 'Winterfresh'
File photo of ravers.
Last week we told you how an L.A. venue pulled the plug on a weekend rave called Winterfresh last-minute after we made some calls asking if we could come by.
That event ended up in San Bernardino, with many ticket-holders unhappy about the extra drive and a huge line that saw many turned away.
Turns out the rave at the Hudson Theater in that city was a last straw for some officials, who had been trying to shut down the venue based on its underage parties anyway.
According to the San Bernardino Sun newspaper, the Hudson is operating under a court injunction that requires it to give the city advance notice when a large event takes place there.
But Winterfresh's move happened last minute after Saturday's event was cancelled on Friday, Dec. 3.
San Bernardino City Councilman Tobin Brinker said, "Hopefully we can get them shut down based on that."
As we reported, a 14-year-old girl went missing after having attended the event and was later located safe the following Monday.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
- Shot Twice in the Back: Family of Brendon Glenn Sues LAPD
- Driver of Uber-Marked Car Fatally Shot
- Hollywood Hates Women a Little Bit Less This Year