What's in a name? Ask MyRapName, a Web site that automatically generates a rap-singer identity for you after you enter your first name and last initial. We did this with the names of some Los Angeles' leading statesmen and stateswomen -- just in case they require more street cred for their next election. One suspicious drawback: You'll get a different rap moniker every time you enter the same name. Below, we went with the first name offered.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
1. Antonio Villaraigosa: AA Doom
2. Steve Cooley: SC Scratch
3. Laura Chick: Laurie C Sugar Slam
4. William Bratton: Willy Hitman
5. Gloria Molina: Slim Gloria G Nugget a.k.a. Wild Grind
6. Eli Broad: E Cash
7. Janice Hahn: Wild Jannie H Brat
8. Jack Weiss: Professor JJ Glide
9. Rocky Delgadillo: Mugshot R Rocky Shark
10. Mike Antonovich: MM Biggie a.k.a. Capricious Dog