- Time to Pay Los Angeles County's sales tax jumps half a percent to 9.75 percent on July 1. L.A. Daily News
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- El Monte Thinks Chapter Nine Hit by rising costs and sinking sales-tax income, El Monte's city council will discuss filing for bankruptcy at its Tuesday meeting. San Gabriel Valley Tribune
- Dodger Pitcher Nabbed for DUI Ronald Belisario was arrested on suspicion of driving while drunk this past weekend near Pasadena's Old Town. Pasadena Star-News
- Lincoln Heights Blaze Injuries Seven people, including five children, were injured when a fourplex caught fire early Monday morning in Northeast L.A. Associated Press
- Solar Panel Overcharges? The Sierra Club is claiming that Southland cities are overcharging for solar-panel permits, ignoring a state mandate to promote sun power. Rolling Hills, San Gabriel and Compton are among the cities charging the most for permits. Long Beach Press-Telegram