Morning Sixpack: A News Roundup
- Not in My Back Sky The U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals has blocked Santa Monica's ban of fast private jets from its municipal airport -- until an FAA review of the proposed restrictions is finished. L.A. Times
- Ports o' No Call L.A.'s twin harbors can expect a 13.5 percent drop in traffic this year. On the bright side, according to the L.A. County Economic Development Corp., the downturn should be a brief one. L.A. Daily News
- Bernard Melekian, Action Figure Pasadena's off-duty police chief chased an alleged drunk driver, who'd abandoned a crashed vehicle on the 101 Freeway, into a Santa Barbara RV camp. Although the man then commandeered a bicycle, Melekian made his collar and held the perp until Santa Barbara cops took him away. No word on what Melekian was doing in Santa Barbara. Daily Sound
- Lakewood Kids Get Dizzy Eight Mayfair High School students were hospitalized after popping unidentified pills allegedly brought in by one of the students. Long Beach Press-Telegram
- Mayor Shows Budget Ax L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa asked the City Council Tuesday to speed up approval of 26-day unpaid city employee furloughs, as well as 1,000 layoffs, to help plug a $529 million budget deficit. Associated Press
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Los Angeles, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.