- Getting the Lead Out The Department of Toxic Substances Control has discovered San Fernando warehouses containing jewelry that has higher than safe levels of lead -- even though boxes claimed their contents were lead free. L.A. Daily News
- Mother Charged Stacey Barker, the young Lancaster mother who had claimed she was slugged unconscious and her 18-month-old daughter kidnapped, has been charged with murder. Antelope Valley Press
- She's Got Rhythm Nadya Suleman, the Whittier woman who gave birth to eight children in January, will be the subject of an L.A. stage musical called Octomom the Musical. San Gabriel Valley Tribune
- Teachers to Get Passing Grades The L.A. Unified School District Board failed to pass a major policy change that would have made it easier to remove veteran teachers who were judged to be abusive or ineffective. L.A. Times
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Route 2 Ban Moves Forth A plan to permanently ban big-rig trucks from State Highway 2 got a boost Tuesday when an Assembly legislative committee voted to move it forward. Last month a runaway automobile carrier came down Angeles Crest Highway, as the route is known, and killed two people in La Canada Flintridge. San Gabriel Valley Tribune