Morning Sixpack: A News Roundup
- Facing the Muzak General Growth Properties Inc., the mall-owning corporation that owns the Glendale Galleria and Northridge Fashion Center, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, becoming the largest real estate bankruptcy in U.S. history. L.A. Times
- Hospital Triage The national streak of gunmen running amok and shooting people continued Thursday, as a pharmacy employee at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center killed two supervisors before committing suicide. Long Beach Press-Telegram
- Up in Smoke Pasadena officials estimate that a three-alarm fire that burned a warehouse down Wednesday night will cost the city more than $1 million in destroyed vehicles, infrastructure and equipment losses. No cause has been determined. Pasadena Star-News
- Spears Peeper Nabbed Sheriff's deputies arrested a 26-year-old woman, who was wearing camouflage clothing and carrying a camera, as she peered into singer Britney Spear's Calabasas home today. Associated Press
- Surf's Up Former Los Angeles surfer turned clothing magnate Dick Baker has died of colon cancer. Baker revived the faltering Ocean Pacific surf-fashion company in the 1990s, restoring the brand to its preeminent position among aficionados of laid-back styles. Associated Press
Gun Ban Considered Friday's meeting of the L.A. City Council will consider prohibiting people convicted of gang or firearms misdemeanors from owning guns for 10 years.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Los Angeles, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.