- Jesusita Firefighters Face Surgery Two of the three Ventura County firemen who were brought to Sherman Oaks' Grossman Burn Center from the Santa Barbara wildfire will undergo surgery today. L.A. Daily News
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Two Resign from City Board Mayoral appointees Sean Harrigan and Elliott Broidy have resigned from the L.A. Fire and Police Pensions Board following an SEC inquiry into possible conflicts of interest. L.A. Times
- Obama Shoots Down C-17 The Long Beach-built Boeing C-17 military cargo plane will be relegated to the History Channel if President Obama has his way. Southern California Congress members Laura Richardson and Dana Rohrabacher have vowed to keep production running. L.B. Press-Telegram
- In a Huff About Huff A disgruntled Chino math tutor has served recall-notice papers on Republican State Senator Bob Huff. Paul Griffin accuses Huff of reneging on a no-tax pledge; although Huff did not vote for the current state budget, he is supporting Prop. 1A. Whittier Daily News
- Love Is a Manny-Splendored Thing The Los Angeles Dodgers are faced with an epic re-marketing campaign, now that star player Manny Ramirez is on a 50-day suspension. A look at the team's profitable paraphernalia stores shows that Manny is gone but not forgotten. L.A. Times