Morning Sixpack: A News Roundup
- For Whom the Road Tolls L.A. County is considering charging solo drivers for the right to use high-occupancy lanes on the 110 and 10 freeways. Tolls would range between 25 cents and $1.40. L.A. Times
- Downtown Protest The Coalition of L.A. City Unions, an umbrella group representing some of L.A.'s 22,000 city employees, will sponsor a march on City Hall to protest proposed forced-furloughs. The demonstration begins at Hill and First streets, 9:30 a.m. L.A. Daily News
- Temple City Bribe Case on Hold The arraignment of Temple City's mayor, former mayor and a city council candidate on corruption charges has been delayed in Superior Court while one of the accused lines up a public defender and bail. Pasadena Star-News
- Lost & Found at Sea Two young, inexperienced boaters have been rescued off Pismo Beach, one day after their 27-foot sailboat was feared missing after setting sail from Catalina Island to Monterey Bay. Daily Breeze
- Kenny Rankin, 69 Pop singer/song writer Kenny Rankin died of lung-cancer related causes Sunday, at Cedars Sinai Medical Center. The announcement was made Monday afternoon by his record company. Associated Press
- Pot Pharms Fight to Stay Open Medical marijuana dispensaries that opened through a legal loophole despite a 2007 temporary ban will state their case to remain in operation to L.A.'s City Council today. L.A. City Council, City News Service (subscription required).
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss LA Weekly's biggest stories.
- Film Students Arrested After Display of Prop Guns Shuts Down 101 Frwy
Wed., Dec. 2, 7:30pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:00pm
Fri., Dec. 4, 7:00pm
Sat., Dec. 5, 1:00pm
- What Does Hamburg Know About the Olympics That Los Angeles Doesn't?
- Why Charter School Teachers Are Split on Unionization