- Third Time's Not So Charming For the third time within a week, a spectacular freeway tie-up is in progress. This time, a truck spilled fruit and fuel across the 210 Foothill Freeway in Arcadia, closing all eastbound lanes early this morning. At least one lane is expected to remain shut during commute hours as hazmat crews clean up the mess. Interactive traffic maps currently show gridlock on the westbound lanes. Associated Press
- Moms to Baby-sit Their Own Kids? The L.A. County Board of Supervisors is backing changes to state work programs that would pay mothers to be stay-at-home moms. Critics fear the budget-saving idea could remove mothers from the workforce. L.A. Times
- Clean Sweep of Lakers' Parade The costs associated with today's L.A. Lakers' victory parade will be wholly absorbed by private donations, the Lakers and the Staples Center. L.A. Times
- Uniform Code LAPD Chief Bill Bratton's ban on retired cops wearing uniforms on movie sets could raise film-production costs in L.A. L.A. Daily News
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- 9/11 Rescue Dog Cloned Trakr, a German Shepard that helped with search and rescue efforts at the World Trade Center after 9/11, has been cloned by scientists, and its five puppies have been presented as gifts to the Los Angeles owners of the dog, which died in April. Associated Press