- A Sequel You Can Believe In Obama for President campaigners are morphing their 2008 movement into a Phase II organization aimed at promoting the President's agenda. L.A. Daily News
- Boot Camp It wasn't exactly a Rodney Kinging, but a videotape caught a member of the El Monte Police Department kicking a high-speed chase suspect in the head once he was run to ground. Pasadena Star-News
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Leveling the Paying Field A report by the pro-union Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy says the City of L.A. should raise the living-wage rate that airport employers pay their workers by 30 percent (from $11.25 to $14.65 hourly), so the employees can afford health insurance. The Chamber of Commerce begs to differ. L.A. Business Journal
- Report OK's SWAT Clash An LAPD review has exonerated SWAT members who stormed a S.F. Valley home last year, only to have one officer killed and another seriously wounded. Associated Press
- ICE Buildup Los Angeles County will join Ventura and San Diego as part of a "Secure Communities" program, designed by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, that will allow law enforcement agencies to screen apprehended suspects for their immigration status. Associated Press