Morning Sixpack: A News Roundup
- Homeless Man Was Torched With Flare Robert Winton of the L.A. Times reports Deputy D.A. William Hodgman's charge that Ben Matthew Martin set fire to John Robert McGraham (not, as reported, "McGrath") with a road flare after dousing the homeless man with gasoline in an L.A. alley last fall. Martin, arrested last week, faces torture-murder counts and remains in custody.
- Fauxtox Doc: I'm Innocent Dr. Cary Hansen pleads not guilty to injecting patients with fake botox in his Sunset Strip office. Fred Shuster's City News Service wire story is picked up by the L.A. Daily News.
- Eight is Enough? All eight of the Bellflower octuplets are in stable condition after a yet-to-be-identified mother gave birth to them at a Kaiser Permanente hospital. The multiple deliveries represent only the second such recorded births.
- Prop 8 -- The Musical The O.C. Register's Paul Hodgins blogs that Hairspray co-creator Marc Shaiman's Prop 8 -- the Musical, which started out last December as a three-minute online video, is headed to Broadway as a real musical.
- The Curious Case Against Benjamin Button Defamer speculates how Benjamin Button could completely wipe out on Oscar Night and go 0 for 13. "Be afraid, Paramount," warns the piece.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Los Angeles, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.