- Sign of the Times The recession began with Chevy and Washington Mutual signage being draped with canvas and now the AIG corporate logo has been covered over on a Warner Center tower in Woodland Hills. LA Daily News
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Centinela Teachers Ditch Classes Protesting their school district's financial decisions and their own union leader, teachers from Hawthorne, Lawndale and Leuzinger high schools cut school Monday. The 75 instructors belong to the Centinela Valley Secondary Teachers Association. Daily Breeze
- Speaking of Teacher Protests Demonstrations and rallies by United Teachers Los Angeles continue and more are on the way. Joined by students and parents, the pink-slipped instructors of the L.A. Unified School District are trying to pressure its board, headed by Ray Cortines, to reconsider layoffs announced to take place after June. LAist
- Kaiser Sacks OctoSnoops Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Bellflower, made famous as the site of Nadya Suleman's octuplet births, has announced the firing of 15 employees, described by AP as nurses, for accessing Suleman's medical records. Eight other hospital employees have been disciplined. Associated Press
- G'dale Man Admits $14M Swindle When Antoine Haroutunian of Glendale offered people something for nothing, they responded by giving him $14 million to invest -- which Haroutunian spent on himself. The ex-Bank of America employee (he accessed clients' accounts to pay off personal debts) admitted his guilt today in federal court and could get 20 years in prison. Associated Press