Morning Sixpack: A News Roundup
- Dodgers Offer Stimulus Package to Manny Club owner Frank McCourt is offering the Scott Boras-repped Manny Ramirez a $45 million deal over two years. L.A. Times
- Showdown on Sunset Drive Nadya Suleman's Whittier neighbors are fed up with the invasion of their street by cigarette-butt-flicking paparazzi stalking the mother of octuplets. The city council is told that "tensions are high." San Gabriel Valley Tribune
No Silver Lining in Seniors' Golden Years Slightly more than half of L.A. County senior citizens who live independently cannot live without some form of assistance, according to two recent studies. Elderly renters are especially hard-hit. L.A. Daily News
Get Out of Jail, Collect $1.3 Million Thanks to a federal jury, not only is Edmond Ovasapyan a free man after being falsely accused of murder, he is also collecting $1.3 from the Glendale Police Department, whose work put him behind bars for eight months. L.A. Times
Extra Credit Snitching Three Granada Hills junior high school administrators are in hot water for asking a 12-year-old student to buy a small amount of marijuana from a 14-year-old. The scheme was allegedly part of a sting operation run from the principal's office. The Porter Middle School trio is facing child endangerment charges instead.
D.A. Raids Temple City "With guns drawn," L.A. District Attorney investigators searched the homes and city hall offices of Temple City's mayor and other officials during a probe of influence peddling involving a development project. San Gabriel Valley Tribune
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss LA Weekly's biggest stories.
- Valentine's Weekend DUI Checkpoints Hit Hollywood, Koreatown
- Watch the Porter Ranch Gas Leak Get Shut Down (VIDEO)
- Teen Raver Died From Ecstasy Intoxication, Coroner Says