stoners horticultural entrepreneurs: When you've got a grow operation in a residential neighborhood, try not to burn the house down.
Those grow lights, they can get awful hot.
Well, no cause has been determined, but yeah, part of an indoor pot nursery in the 15600 block of Senadale Street in Hacienda Heights went up in smoke Thursday night, authorities said.
The 6:30 p.m. fire led firefighters to a 200-plant operation, according to the San Gabriel Valley Tribune.
They said the blaze caused $10,000 worth of damage, not to mention the seized plants.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Firefighters said some kind of electrical equipment used in the grow likely sparked this thing.
The house was hooked up to Southern California Edison juice -- illegally, authorities said.
Nobody was home, and no one has been arrested.
The good news? The neighborhood, we presume, smells skunky today.