Following Whitney Houston 'Crack Ho' Remark, John & Ken Have Been Absent From Regular KTLA TV Duties
Looks like their home station KFI AM 640 wasn't the only one that dropped controversial talk radio hosts John & Ken following their remark that Whitney Houston was a "crack ho."
The pair have been missing from nightly hot-topic segments on KTLA News. Hmm.
A spokesman for the duo told the Weekly tonight that ...
... their absence has been a result of technical difficulties and not related to the quote heard around the world following Houston's death in Beverly Hills earlier this month.
There were scheduling issues with the cameraman this week.
He said the pair would be back at KTLA starting Monday.
[Added: Wiki says they're on weeknights at 6:15 and 6:40 p.m.].
John & Ken under the gun.
Diversify KFI Facebook
An African American media coalition that met with John & Ken and KFI management this week to encourage the hiring of more minorities there posted a video on its Facebook page that shows KTLA entertainment journalist Sam Rubin going off on the duo following their Houston remarks (above).
The group asked if Rubin's lambasting of the pair caused KTLA to "to sever their relationship with them?"
Sounds like no.
We reached out to KTLA News director Jason Ball for comment but had yet to hear back from him.
The talk radio twosome has also been targeted in recent months by the National Hispanic Media Coalition, which has accused them of being anti-immigrant. The group convinced some major advertisers to pull out of the John & Ken Show.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss LA Weekly's biggest stories.