Fashion Week, Take 1: Paola Hernandez dolls it up
It's Fashion Week Mexico right now, a week-long fair of new moda showcasing the fall and winter collections from many of Mexico's established designers and some exciting up-and-comers. Five years ago such a sentence might have sounded like an oxymoron. A fashion "scene," in Mexico City? Yet the evidence continues to grow that there is a vibrant, energetic community of fashion designers, fashion journalists, fashion models, and legions of fashionistas that are firmly committed to making the D.F. a "hot" spot in the global fashion universe. The question is, who's going to actually buy the clothes?
* A look from designer Chabe's surprisingly sporty fall/winter collection.
* Interesting trousers and heels by Cherry Project.
* Paola Hernandez collection above and below.
* That's Paola Hernandez above, taking her bow. Below, fashion designers EGR and Marvin of Marvin y Quetzal, outside the Fashion Week venue. Followed by Quetzal and model Sarah Fanelli.
* Read more coverage at Diaro de Fiestas. We'll have more photos and notes later this week. Heading back to the pasarela!
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Los Angeles, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.