Facebook Survey Says Bed Bugs Makes Dating More Challenging
Attention singles: You can add bed bugs on your checklist of things to worry out about when searching for that special someone.
A new survey released by AreYouInterested.com, a Facebook application, revealed that bed bugs complicates the already challenging world of dating.
Angelenos should take note, since L.A. is on the top ten list of the most infested cities crawling with the miniature bloodsuckers. More than 100 members from the AreYouInterested.com Facebook page were polled to get the following results:
- 56% of responders would leave their date if they noticed bed bug bites on his/her skin
- 45% would use bed bugs as an excuse to get out of a bad date
- 47% would ask if their date had bed bugs before going back to his/her place
- 45% would cancel a date if someone admitted to a bed bug infestation
- 35% have changed their usual dating spots because of a fear of bed bugs
In light of the findings, we predict many online dating profiles will now read "Fun, Flirty, and Bed Bug Free."
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss LA Weekly's biggest stories.