Congrats: The FBI's Latest Most Wanted Fugitive Is From L.A.

Philip Patrick Policarpio
Philip Patrick Policarpio
FBI

UPDATE at 12:18 a.m. Tuesday, May 31, 2016: He's been captured. Details are below. First posted at 5:30 a.m. on May 20, 2016.

Los Angeles is a player again. We're in the game.

Unfortunately, the game is high crime. And the alleged loser on this field is suspect Philip Patrick Policarpio.

If you have a thin skin about horrific acts of violence, then you should skip the rest of this.

Policarpio, believed to be armed and dangerous, is the suspect named in last month's alleged double homicide of his pregnant girlfriend and her unborn fetus.

Here's what the FBI, in a statement, says happened:

Policarpio and his pregnant girlfriend, Lauren Olguin, were visiting a friend’s residence on April 12, 2016, in the Rampart area of Los Angeles when Policarpio allegedly became angry with Olguin and began beating her in the face with his fists. Policarpio then pulled out a handgun and allegedly shot Olguin in the forehead, killing her instantly ...

He fled after the alleged crime and "has not been seen" since, federal agents stated. Policarpio could be anywhere. Feds say he has "multiple spouses and children" in Las Vegas, in Florida and in the Philippines.

He has foreign travel documents in some of his many aliases, which include Damon Hiromi Tanaka, Damon Hiromi Tanak, Damon Tanaka, Philip Policardio, Paul Policarpio, Phillip Policarpio, "Bugsy," "Sinister," and "Sins," the FBI stated.

The suspect has quite a record.

The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation would like to speak to Policarpio, too. He was on parole when he allegedly murdered his girlfriend and her unborn fetus. 

His parole stems from a case in which he was prosecuted for firing nine shots into a vehicle in Burbank on June 24, 2000, authorities said.

He fled to the Philippines after that but was arrested there and returned to the United States, where he was convicted for the assault in connection with that shooting, authorities said.

The FBI’s Fugitive Task Force was involved back then, too.

Agents allege Policarpio is known to sell meth and might be involved in credit card and auto-related fraud. 

"Policarpio may have access to multiple weapons," the FBI stated. "He poses an extreme danger to society as demonstrated by his propensity for violence in the past."

The suspect is 39 years old, 5 feet, 8 inches, about 160 pounds, and has moles on his right nostril, near his left nostril and below his right lip, feds say.  He has a scar near his left eye and tattoos on his chest, back, arms and left thigh. He sometimes wears glasses and shaves his head.

There's $100,000 in it for you if you help feds successfully track him down: Call the FBI at 310-477-6565 or click http://www.fbi.gov/wanted.

"Philip Patrick Policarpio is a danger to society and we are using a variety of resources to find him,” said Deirdre L. Fike, the assistant director in charge of the FBI’s Los Angeles Field Office. “FBI agents sought this violent offender in the year 2000 and found him overseas before he was deported to the U.S. to serve his time. Now that he’s fled yet again after being charged with the double homicide of innocent, defenseless victims, I’m confident he will be located as a result of the worldwide publicity generated by the Top 10 List."

UPDATE at 12:18 a.m. Tuesday, May 31, 2016: The FBI said over the holiday weekend that Policarpio was apprehended Sunday by U.S. Customs Border Protection agents as he crossed into the United States from Tijuana.

"Policarpio was on U.S. soil at the time of his arrest," said FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller.


Sponsor Content

Newsletters

All-access pass to the top stories, events and offers around town.

  • Top Stories
    Send:

Newsletters

All-access pass to top stories, events and offers around town.

Sign Up >

No Thanks!

Remind Me Later >