Chateau Marmont to Lindsay Lohan: Be Out by Noon, Never Come Back
Party's over, cheapskate.
On July 31, Lindsay Lohan was given until noon the next day to gather up all her crap from Suite 33 at West Hollywood's luxurious Chateau Marmont -- the Elizabeth Taylor jewels, the Sam Magid jewels, the steaming pile of cigarette butts -- and find someplace else to crash pro bono.
A stern letter from hotel manager Philip Pavel, obtained by TMZ and posted in the wee hours this morning, shows that Lohan was banned from the premises for refusing to pay her $46,350.04 bill for June and July.
Ah, well. It was a good two months:
Her room at the Marmont served as the heroin-chic backdrop for an infamous June photo shoot with celebrity photographer Terry Richardson, who does wonders with train wrecks. Leading up to the shoot, there were rumors that Lohan and Richardson had a (somewhat lopsided) fling kind of thing, so we're thinking those thousand-dollar sheets in Suite 33 may have gotten a piece of the action.
View Larger Map
Then there were Lohan's very YOLO room charges, likewise posted by TMZ. The lowlights:
- $3,145.07 for drinks from the minibar, including $502.43 in one night.
- $686 for cigarettes, at $14 a package.
- $100 for a special "Chateau Candle."
- $1,992.07 for a single dinner at the hotel restaurant.
Los Angeles Angels vs. Cincinnati Reds
TicketsMon., Aug. 29, 7:05pm
UCLA Bruins Double Header: M Soccer vs Duke & W Soccer vs Penn St.
TicketsFri., Sep. 2, 5:00pm
UCLA Bruins Men's Soccer vs. University of Akron Zips Men's Soccer
TicketsMon., Sep. 5, 5:00pm
UCLA Bruins Women's Soccer vs. North Carolina Tarheels Soccer
TicketsFri., Sep. 9, 7:00pm
All of which, according to hotel manager Pavel, she never paid.
We've contacted the Marmont's PR people to see if the ban still stands. We also checked Lohan's Twitter feed to see if there were any cryptic, self-pitying emo quips from Aug. 1, when she was forced out by noon. We didn't find any of that, but it does appear she stayed with one of the many members of her gay-boy entourage on the night she was banned.
Wow. Banned. From the most debaucherous, most rock 'n' roll hotel on the Sunset Strip. We're glad to see LiLo has already made the hotel's Wikipedia section for "notable people and events":
- On March 5, 1982, John Belushi died of a drug overdose in one of its garden bungalows.
- Jim Morrison used up what he called "the eighth of my nine lives" after he hurt his back there dangling from a drain pipe and falling onto a shed while trying to swing from the roof into the window of his hotel room.
- When Montgomery Clift was almost killed in a 1956 auto accident near her home, Elizabeth Taylor brought him to the hotel, where she leased the penthouse for his recuperation.
- Fashion photographer Helmut Newton died on January 23, 2004, after his car crashed into a wall on the driveway of the hotel.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald suffered a heart attack at the Chateau Marmont.
- In 2012 Lindsey Lohan was banned from the premises for not paying her $46,000 hotel bill.
Guess it's back to the workaday Ritz-Carlton for young Hollywood's hottest mess. Can we just get it over with and ban Lindsay Lohan from L.A. altogether? Every precious metal and pedestrian in this city is at stake.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss LA Weekly's biggest stories.