Bryan Stow, Dodgers Assault Victim, Still in Critical Condition: Here's How to Help
Today, the L.A. Dodgers play the San Francisco Giants again in NorCal. But what should have been an exciting rematch will be clouded by the critical condition of Bryan Stow.
Stow, a Santa Cruz paramedic and San Francisco Giants fan, was attacked on Opening Day by two Dodgers diehards on a violent rampage in the stadium parking lot. The left side of his skull has been removed to relieve pressure on his brain, and still, the 42-year-old remains in a coma at the County-USC Hospital.
While city politicians and MLB moguls make their contributions to the reward fund for info leading to the arrest of Stow's two attackers -- the pot's currently at $150,000 -- here's your chance to help out his wife and two kids with more personal damages.
Make out all checks to "Bryan Stow Fund":
• There's a drive-thru fundraiser in Dodger Stadium Parking Lot 1 today --
Monday, April 11 -- from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• The Giants will host a similar fundraiser at the gates of AT&T Park, and throughout the San Francisco home game, this evening.
• You can purchase a Livestrong-style "Bryan Stow bracelet" for $5 at this Santa Cruz blog. (All local SC fundraisers are also listed at that link.)
• The San Francisco Police Credit Union is accepting online donations through PayPal or bank transfer.
In response to Stow's beating, both the Dodger Stadium and AT&T Park will be crawling with extra police and security in the near future. LAPD Chief Charlie Beck calls it a "sea of blue" -- and not due to fanwear.
If you're going for the $150,000 reward, here are the suspected Opening Day attackers:
Call LAPD Detectives Burcher or Morris at (213) 847-4261 with your tips.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Eastside Rapist Caught in the Street, Cops Say
Tue., July 21, 8 p.m.
Thu., Oct. 22, 7 p.m.
Thu., Oct. 22, 7 p.m.
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:30 p.m.
- L.A. Unions Fighting to Give Their Own Members Less Than Minimum Wage
- 9.8 Earthquake Prediction Is a Joke