Aria Doherty, Northridge Middle School A Student, Dies From 'Huffing'
A 14-year-old student at Northridge's Nobel Charter Middle School died this week after huffing a chemical to get high, officials said.
The girl was ID'd as Aria Doherty.
The L.A. Unified School District said she died at her home Monday night. A letter was sent home with students yesterday, according to an LAUSD statement sent to the Weekly:
A 14 year old student died of huffing. She died in her home monday night. A letter went home with students today. A connect ed message was delivered to parents homes last night and again today.
View Larger Map
The district says 100 students at the school were seen by crisis counselors Wednesday:
The student was well liked respected, popular and a nurturing student. She was an honors straight A student.
Doherty was the second Southern California teenager to die from huffing this month.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss LA Weekly's biggest stories.
- HIV Is Officially a Bedfellow in Porn
- The Porter Ranch Gas Leak Has Been Stopped
- Rain Could Douse This February Heat Wave. Maybe.