50 'Wealthiest Angelenos' Worth $93 Billion
The Los Angeles Business Journal's annual list of 50 "Wealthiest Angelenos" hits the streets this week and, despite the economic doldrums hitting the Angel City elite, their net worth is up 14 percent to $93 billion. That's more than the worth of billionaires in some Western nations.
Players on the list lost $32 billion last year. Lon Morton, chief executive of investment adviser Morton Capital Management called 2010 a "return to normalcy." For the second year in a row,
KoreanSouth African-American biotech innovator Patrick Soon-Shiong topped the list:
According to the Huffington Post, the top 10 includes:
1) - Patrick Soon-Shiong, biotech entrepreneur (and the man who would resurrect Martin Luther King Jr.-Harbor Hospital) ($7.1 billion).
2) - Kirk Kerkorian, investor ($6.3 million).
3) - Eli Broad, homebuilder, philanthropist ($5.9 billion).
4) - David Geffen, Hollywood mogul and beach-access liberator ($4.3 billion).
5) - Ron Burkle, grocery store magnate ($4 billion).
6) - Haim Saban, Hollywood mogul ($3.15 billion).
7) - Steven Spielberg, Hollywood mogul ($3.1 billion).
8) - Sumner Redstone, Hollywood mogul ($2.95 billion).
9) - David Murdock, agriculture, real estate ($2.9 billion).
10) - Jerrold Perenchio, broadcasting mogul ($2.6 billion).
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.