50 'Wealthiest Angelenos' Worth $93 Billion
The Los Angeles Business Journal's annual list of 50 "Wealthiest Angelenos" hits the streets this week and, despite the economic doldrums hitting the Angel City elite, their net worth is up 14 percent to $93 billion. That's more than the worth of billionaires in some Western nations.
Players on the list lost $32 billion last year. Lon Morton, chief executive of investment adviser Morton Capital Management called 2010 a "return to normalcy." For the second year in a row,
KoreanSouth African-American biotech innovator Patrick Soon-Shiong topped the list:
According to the Huffington Post, the top 10 includes:
1) - Patrick Soon-Shiong, biotech entrepreneur (and the man who would resurrect Martin Luther King Jr.-Harbor Hospital) ($7.1 billion).
CSUN Womens Soccer
TicketsThu., Oct. 26, 7:00pm
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Toronto Raptors
TicketsFri., Oct. 27, 7:30pm
UCLA Women's Soccer v California & UCLA Men's Soccer v Washington
TicketsSun., Oct. 29, 1:00pm
South Bay Lakers vs. Northern Arizona Suns
TicketsSun., Oct. 29, 7:00pm
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Detroit Pistons
TicketsTue., Oct. 31, 7:30pm
2) - Kirk Kerkorian, investor ($6.3 million).
3) - Eli Broad, homebuilder, philanthropist ($5.9 billion).
4) - David Geffen, Hollywood mogul and beach-access liberator ($4.3 billion).
5) - Ron Burkle, grocery store magnate ($4 billion).
6) - Haim Saban, Hollywood mogul ($3.15 billion).
7) - Steven Spielberg, Hollywood mogul ($3.1 billion).
8) - Sumner Redstone, Hollywood mogul ($2.95 billion).
9) - David Murdock, agriculture, real estate ($2.9 billion).
10) - Jerrold Perenchio, broadcasting mogul ($2.6 billion).
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Los Angeles, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.