5 Hottest Rental Neighborhoods in Los Angeles
You wish: A Neutra house in Silver Lake via Neil Fitzpatrick / LA Weekly Flickr pool.
Competition for apartments and rental homes in this town is fierce. At least according to the online rental marketplace Lovely, which crunched the numbers for L.A. recently.
It found that a mix of upscale and hipster neighborhoods made up Los Angeles' most-competitive areas for people seeking to rent. The site used the metric of number of days on the market to come up with the five hottest rental communities in L.A:
Eric Lassiter / LA Weekly Flickr pool
5. Venice. Are there bargains to be had in Venice anymore? Even in a shite old building full of party people? Seems not. The average price for a Venice rental these days is a whopping $2,877, according to Lovely. Hot damn. Average number of days on the market for the average place: 21.
Ross Reyes / LA Weekly Flickr pool
4. Silver Lake. Next to Venice the Lago looks like a bargain. Where are these $1,834 (average rent) places? South of Sunset Boulevard, we would suspect. Days on the market: 20.
Brian Swanson / LA Weekly Flickr pool
3. Echo Park. For just a few hundred less (average rent: $1,653) you could be living in hipster heaven and dodging the occasional bullet east along Sunset. What's not to like? Days on the market: 19.
Julien Duduoglu / LA Weekly Flickr pool
2. Beverly Hills. Everybody wants to live in Beverly Hills. They've seen the show(s). They've heard the Weezer song. But are they willing to pay an average rent of $2,837? Apparently so. Days on the market: 17.
And the barrio that's hotter than Flamin' Hot Cheetos? You might be surprised:
Andrew Gorden / Flickr
1. Beverly Glen. Yeah, baby -- the Glen. WTF you say? Think about it: It's nestled between all the gilded 'hoods, Beverly Hills and Holmby Hills among them, and it's conveniently located near Westwood and the Westfield Century City mall. This is the definition of The Hills if you ask us. The life doesn't come cheap, however, with average rent at $2,660. Days on the market: 8.
View Larger Map
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss LA Weekly's biggest stories.
- Kabbalah Centre and Its Former Rabbi to the Stars to Pay $177,500 in Sexual Battery Suit
- Bicycle Is Returned to Child, but Alleged Bully Bike Thief Is Still On the Loose
- Thanksgiving Travelers Will Enjoy Lowest Gas Prices Since Early 2009