[For all these looks, plus many, many others, see Timothy Norris' slideshow "Sunset Strip Music Festival 2010"]
Top Ten Most Interesting Looks at the Sunset Strip Music Festival
10. "I'd like to dedicate this massive-cleavage-and-flower look to our Lord Jesus Christ, who is always behind me."
9. "I'm cosplaying, muthafucka. Any problem with that? Wanna get yo ass beat by a full-grown woman dressed like Alice in Wonderland? Though so. Bitch."
8. "This year I've decided to go with a trompe l'oeil brocade vest tattoo. Life is good indeed."
7. That douchy guy who used to write the "Do's" and "Don'ts" on Vice? He just busted a nut.
6. This is the kind of shit the Echo Park hipsters wish they could pull off. Don't let the bangs fool you: Sunset Strip all the way, this one.
5 and 4. Skull-butterfly chest tats on a cute chick are badass. Neck tats on a cute chick just say I don't give a fuck about anything. Combine the two on a zaftig ginger who's not intimidated by hanging out with possibly the hottest piece of ass on the Strip, and you've hit a double jackpot. (Memo to luckiest guy on the Lower West Ho: lose the scarf--no, really.)
3. Yeah, yeah--we know: Lemmy, Motorhead, umlauts, Mad Max shoulderpads, peroxide in your 50s, yada yada. Still, YOUR CHICK IS WEARING A NAZI HAT! Nazis=still not cool after all these years.
2. This guy would have won hands-down if it weren't for #1 (see below). He's "friendly" (his tank top says so). He's rocking the early-Internet-meme Peter Pan guy thing, plus furs and circusfolk tights, on an expensive Rodeo Drive men's shirt. He also looks like Johnny Thunders after a bender, in a good way. Have sex with him: He's a rock star. He'll give you awesome children, or the clap, or both! And in a few decades your children will be honored at the Sunset Strip like...
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
1. "Oh, look at me! I play the strings way down here [or is it up? fucking guitars...]. I wear a custom-made top hat. My eyes are covered by dark ringlets. I wrote some timeless riffs and a few tunes that have largely kept the Karaoke industry in business during this recession. Oh--I'm special."
Alright--enough of this nonsense. Here's one more pic of Jesus guy. You're welcome.