Sunset Junction-Related Events And Parties That Are Still Happening This Weekend
There may not be a Sunset Junction Music Festival this year, but there's still plenty to do at Sunset Junction.
With reporting from Lina Lecaro.
Wednesday morning, the Los Angeles Board of Public Works voted to deny permits for Sunset Junction Music Festival, effectively canceling the annual event just days before it was set to take over Silver Lake.
In another post, we've made a comprehensive list of the bands who have been rescheduled for other venues.
Here are the parties and events happening in Sunset Junction's wake.
Have we missed anything? If so, let us know in the comments section.
Saturday, August 27:
1. Ukelele Orchestra of the Western Hemisphere is playing at Re Form School sometime between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. There will also be a scavenger hunt and lemonade.
2. Living Room is going forward with its Sunset Junction party from 3 p.m. - 10 p.m. Saturday's performers are Bludweiser and the Platinum B's, Temporal Love, Negro Trio, Outlier, DJ Kino Villard, The Pi Band and Robotanist.
3. Vacation Vinyl is hosting Bestial Mouths record release party at 8 p.m.
4. Akbar will open its front bar at 1 p.m. and the dance floor at 6 p.m.
5. Le Barcito will have a
11 p.m 10:30 p.m. Saturday night show.
6. Echo Park Rising takes place in nearby Echo Park. Check the website for store details.
Sunday schedule below
Sunday, August 28:
1. Living Room continues its Sunset Junction party from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. with performances from Sunken Ships, Paulie Pesh, LA Font and special guests.
2. Akbar opens its front bar at 1 p.m. and will possibly open the dance floor at 6 p.m.
3. Le Barcito has an
11 p.m.11:15 p.m. show, plus a 7:30 p.m. show.
4. Echo Park Rising takes place in nearby Echo Park. Check the website for store details.
5. Bomba Eclectica with Chicano Batman @ El Chavo, 9 p.m.
6. Pan Am with Chico Sonida, plus DJs B+, Hoseh, Ganas and Gomes Comes Alive @ Chavito Bar, 7 p.m.
7. BBQ Party @ Rough Trade, 2 p.m.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.
More MUSIC News
- Here's Why Bret Michaels Attacked L.A. Weekly's Metal Coverage in 1987
Wed., Jul. 1, 10:30pm
Thu., Jul. 2, 7:00pm
Thu., Jul. 2, 7:00pm
Thu., Jul. 2, 7:30pm
- Future Soul Duo J*Davey Is Back, and the Timing Couldn't Be Better
- Carl Jung and Sleep Paralysis Inspired Chelsea Wolfe's Dark New Album