Fanatics! We've Got New Music From Ty Segall, Damaged Bug and Clarinette
[Every Sunday from 8 to 10 p.m., Henry Rollins brings an exclusive mix of songs old and new to listeners at 89.9 FM, KCRW. Visit KCRW.com for more information and to stream his show online, or peruse the Radio Notes archives to see past playlists.]
RADIO BROADCAST #418
Fanatic! I am very happy about this show. I built it several days ago, played it through a couple of times, made a few adjustments and reckoned it was ready for your evaluation and, hopefully, your great enjoyment.
The new Ty Segall single is really good. I like the new album but like these two new songs even better. If his next album sounds like these two songs, we’re in for another great Ty album. The two-color version is out of print but there is a red vinyl version on the way. I have not seen it yet.
I hope you got your Damaged Bug album by now. Bunker Funk is an interesting record. It’s different than the last two. I have heard it a few times now and I’m liking it more and more. It’s on Castle Face.
In the Red has so many cool records coming out now and in the not so distant future, I don’t know when Larry will get any sleep until the end of the year. We are playing some of them tonight. Keep your eye on ITR.
New music by Dan Valor also known as Clarinette. A record called The Now of Then. Very good. We have a track lined up in hour 2.
A few days ago, I wrote Steph from Dick Diver to ask what she and the band are up to. She has a couple of projects happening and will have some new music up hopefully this year. She sent me some demos and they are really good. When she is ready to release, we will be there.
There is a new Lower Plenty album out called Sister Sister. It came out last year. I was sent the songs before then and told to sit on them until I was told I could play them for you. They forgot to tell me the record was out, so like a good Fanatic, I held the line. Well, the record came out like four months ago and we are behind the curve, so we have some catching up to do.
Enough of my prattling!
Dig the jams and STAY FANATIC!!!
01. Rain - That Time of Year / La Vache Qui Rit
02. Eddy Current Suppression Ring - Which Way to Go / Primary Colours
03. Teen Idles - Trans Am / Dischord 100
04. Ty Segall – Pan / Sentimental Goblin
05. The Julie Ruin - Be Nice / Hit Reset
06. Damaged Bug - The Cryptologist / Bunker Funk
07. Antelope - The Demon / Reflector
08. Crystal Fairy - Bent Teeth / Crystal Fairy
09. Ed Schrader’s Music Beat - Cold Right Hand / Party Jail
10. Dick Diver - Calendar Days / Calendar Days
11. Chain and the Gang - Come Over / Best of Crime Rock
12. The Fall - Lost in Music / Infotainment Scan
13. Pure Hell - Lame Brain / Noise Addiction
14. UK Subs - You Don't Belong / Diminished Responsibility
15. Spectres – Dissolve / Condition
01. CFM - Rise and Fall / Dichotomy Desaturated
02. The Birthday Party - The Plague / Drunk on the Pope's Blood
03. Gun Club - Like Calling Up Thunder / Miami
04. Lower Plenty - All the Young Men / Sister Sister
05. Unrest – Time / Lisa Carol Freemont
06. The Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop (mono) / Ramones
07. Iggy Pop – Sixteen / Lust for Life
08. Terry – Alfred / HQ
09. Clarinette - Time Before and Time After / The Now of Then
10. The Chefs - Commander Lonely / Gunilla #21
11 The Wolfmanhattan Project - Smells Like You / single
12. Steve Treatment - Negative Nights II / 25 A-Sides
13. Wolf Eyes – Undertow / Undertow
14. Fugazi – Strangelight / The Argument
More from the mind of Henry Rollins:
White America Couldn't Handle What Black America Deals With Every Day
Bowie's Blackstar Is on the Level of Low and Heroes
No Matter Who Wins, America Is Only Going to Get Angrier
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Los Angeles, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.