Newsflash: LA Times ruins P. Diddy's weekend
After reading this post, may I suggest you have some real fun and use the comments section to make up your own totally fictional news story about the contents of the image to the left. Fraudulent journalism can be fun for readers too!
But first, I want apologize on behalf of my fellow PLAY bloggers for the dearth of updates in the wake of our outburst of SXSW-related posts. Well, at least I blame SXSW-related injuries. My fellow bloggers may have just been overly impressed by the Los Angeles Times coup on Monday, March 17th -- linking P. Diddy to the murder of Tupac Shakur -- so much so that they considered hanging up their Scoops McGee journalistic hats for good.
Thankfully, the LA Times eternal spiral into idiocy has allowed us to reclaim our hats! You can get the full-scoop from the Times of London, the New York Times, and hey, fuck it, even the NME -- all of which put newsprint to better use than our LA Times friends at 202 W. 1st Street. (Google Map that shit if you want to send them a thank you letter.)
What can you do to help poor P. Diddy regain his reputation? I provide some ideas after the jump. Thankfully it doesn't involve having to purchase the new record by Danity Kane, Diddy's prefab girl-group which happens to have topped album charts for a second week in a row.
Yeah, basically, that LA Times story was really trying to put a damper on the champagne and strawberry party Mr. P was assuredly planning to have in St. Bart's or wherever to celebrate his latest, erm, creative triumph.
To vent your righteous indignation, may I suggest you join in the online conversation at latimes.com about how awesome the paper is.
1. You guys (the LA Times) are idiots! The paper could not have screwed this up more, even if it tried! The small amount of credibility the LA Times had with me is now gone. Maybe if the paper and its staff begin to use their collective brains, I may begin to read again, albeit with great skepticism.
Submitted by: Truth Seeker
5:37 AM PDT, March 28, 2008
2. your "news" paper sucks
Submitted by: j.h.
5:34 AM PDT, March 28, 2008
4. This whole paper is a sham is so many ways since the Chandeler's left,and journalist are to report the proven facts if and when they can be found, not speculated..that has been done.No one knows you are a fool until you open your mouth.
Submitted by: wiser with age
2:31 AM PDT, March 28, 2008
5. wow, the LA Times has really taken a dive since the Trib took over. Baquet's departure was the final nail in the coffin. Not only regarding this article, but the times has devolved into being another generic "McPaper" along the lines of USA Today.
Submitted by: NY Times Convert
2:29 AM PDT, March 28, 2008
And here is my favorite comment:
Submitted by: hahahahaa
1:25 AM PDT, March 28, 2008
My thoughts exactly.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.
More MUSIC News
- Finally, L.A. Is Getting a Proper Day Club: Sunbar
Mon., Jul. 6, 7:30pm
Mon., Jul. 6, 8:00pm
Wed., Jul. 8, 7:00pm
Wed., Jul. 8, 8:00pm
- Fanatics! Here's Why There's So Much Suicide and Alan Vega in This Week's Show
- This Week's Best Concerts: Smokey Robinson, Barb Wire Dolls, Calexico