Music to Dagger to: Major Lazer and La Roux Team Up for Free Mixtape
Earlier this week, a couple of smarty-pants scientists decided to make a bacterial genome from a smaller DNA subunit and then transplant the whole shebang into another cell, thereby making the first synthetic cell ever. Yaaaawn. BOR-to-the-ing. Ugh, get a life eggheads, I'm snoozing like whoa over here! Anyway, tomorrow something way more exciting than sexy replicants (which is obviously what those total nerds were aiming to do) creation is going down via the nice gents of Mad Decent. Major Lazer, the L.A.-based spazzy-dub duo and the gem of the Mad Decent crew, is offering up a new free mixtape spawned from some sonic cellular transplantation with La Roux. Just give 'em an e-mail tomorrow and they'll send you the jams. The Kuato-like mutant mixtape Lazerproof features Gucci Mane, Drake, Gyptian, Rusko and Amanda Blank, all wrapped up like a musical Moses swaddled in the sounds of producers Diplo and Switch.
After the jump, we have a picture of Diplo and Switch (probably) going to church, the full set list, and, because you've been good, all the "daggering" videos we can find (in 5 minutes of Googleboting).
1. Bulletproof (Nacey Remix ft. Matt Hemerlein)
2. Colourless Artibella
3. I'm Not Your Lemonade + Heroes 'N' Villains Remix ft. Gucci Mane
4. Independent Kill ft. Candi Redd
5. Keep It Fascinating
6. Magic (Falling Soldiers Dub)
7. In 4 The Kill Pon De Skream ft. Drake
8. Houstatlantavegas Pains
9. Tigerlily (DYWHAP Blend) ft. Rusko
10. Can't Stop Now (Armor Love Remix)
11. Quicksand (Mad Decent 2010 Rerub) ft. Amanda Blank
12. Cover My Eyes (Costra Nostra Edit)
13. I Said It (Major Lazer Dubplate) ft. Opal
14. Hold Yuh (Double Dubplate) ft. Gyptian
Daggering how to's
Best Dagger eva!
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Los Angeles, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.