From the Archives: A Young Ian McKellen & The Fleshtones Perform Gay Shakespeare Sonnet for Andy Warhol!
Never Mind the Gandalfs--Here's HOT New Wave Ian McKellen!
The endless archive of cultural amazement that the Internet has become already yielded this week evidence of Ricky Gervais' past as synth-pop pin-up in the '80s.
Now our friend Ms. Bukkake Karaoke points us to the awesome blog Dangerous Minds, where some enterprising folk dug up the following (add up the coolness points yourselves):
- A young, hot, already insanely talented Ian McKellen
- Wearing awesome New Wave fashions
- At Andy Warhol's Factory in 1987
- Backed by cult group the Fleshtones
- Reciting a Shakespeare Sonnet
- About gay stuff
- For MTV (during the Golden Age of MTV)
Damn right you wanna see it:
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.