The endless archive of cultural amazement that the Internet has become already yielded this week evidence of Ricky Gervais' past as synth-pop pin-up in the '80s.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Now our friend Ms. Bukkake Karaoke points us to the awesome blog Dangerous Minds, where some enterprising folk dug up the following (add up the coolness points yourselves):
- A young, hot, already insanely talented Ian McKellen
- Wearing awesome New Wave fashions
- At Andy Warhol's Factory in 1987
- Backed by cult group the Fleshtones
- Reciting a Shakespeare Sonnet
- About gay stuff
- For MTV (during the Golden Age of MTV)
Damn right you wanna see it: