Fanatics! We Are Not Messing Around Here
RADIO BROADCAST #252
01 - 26 - 14
Fanatics! Another week, another great show. How do we do it? Knowing that there is a universe of music out there and all we have to do is tap into it and never claim to know too much is how. We remain students but mainly, we are Fanatics!
I have been on a serious Bowie jag as of late. I have been mainlining one or two albums a night. Diamond Dogs, Hunky Dory, Aladdin Sane, Station To Station, Low, Heroes, Man Who Sold the World. I don't know why exactly, but it's working. I know we have been rockin' the Bo a lot lately so I thought I would pull back just a little. That probably won't last long.
Tonight's Skullbot track is so great. I got their records a few years ago in Seattle but am looking for them now to direct any of you Fanatics who want to get down with more. I can't find anywhere that has them.
Have you looked down and checked out all the amazing stuff we have lined up for our all too fast two hours together, Fanatic?
The Eddie Hazel track will scorch you, the Ernesto Djedje track will make you wonder what took us so long to put this on. What a horn section! All I can say is that it's a long march to the sea and the hits just keep coming.
New old Hawkwind starts hour 2. Here's where you can get more information.
We are relentless on the Ty Segall front, another track from Gemini as well as another one from Steven R Smith.
The live version of "Careering" by PIL is amazing, perhaps the track of the night. That was a band. I pulled that off the internets years ago. Here it is.
I can't remember the last time we listened to Point Juncture, WA. Too long I say; great band.
Next week, we will have a song off the new Inger Lorre single several weeks before release. We will rock that in hour 1, it's a great tune, and I hope you like it. Also, we'll have new jams from two recent Castle Face releases.
The final touches on next week's show are almost done. I will take it out for a few nights to listen and make sure it's good enough to lay on you. We're not messing around here.
Ready your shovels so you can dig it and STAY FANATIC!!!
- - Henry
Follow us on Twitter @LAWeeklyMusic, Henry Rollins @henryrollins and like us at LAWeeklyMusic.
Henry Rollins' 20 Favorite Punk Albums
Henry Rollins' Favorite Albums of 2013
Henry Rollins: The American People Kicked Your Ass, Republicans
Henry Rollins: Gay Marriage Is Punk Rock
01. Black Sabbath - Behind The Wall Of Sleep / Black Sabbath
02. Isaac Hayes- Walk From Regio's / Shaft
03. My Bloody Valentine - Honey Power / Tremolo EP
04. The Secret Goldfish - Venus Bonding / Destructive Urges Comp. CD
05. Jerry Lee Lewis - Real Wild Child / Sun Sessions
06. Skullbot - Somewhere / Skullbot
07. Alan Vega - Be-Bop-A-Lula / Jukebox Babe
08. The Stooges - Doojiman / Raw Power (Legacy Edition)
09. Slim Gaillard - Yip Roc Heresy / Sabros! Here's Smorgasbord
10. The Lo-Fi Jerkheads - In Your Stereo / "Globule Expectorations" comp CD
11. Farflung - Prototype of a Traveler / 9 Pin Body
12. Eddie Hazel - So Goes the Story / Game, Dames & Guitar Thangs
13. The Evens - King Of Kings / The Odds
14. The Minutemen - Monuments / The Punch Line
15. Ernesto Djedje - Zadie Bobo / Ivory Coast Soul - Afrofunk In Abidjan '72-'82
01. Hawkwind - Welcome To The Future / Leave No Star Unturned
02. Scientists - Solid Gold Hell / Absolute
03. Ty Segall Ghost / Gemini
04. Steven R Smith - Last Town on Earth / Ending/Returning
05. PIL - Careering (live OGWT) / from internet
06. Moebius - B 36 / Tonspuren
07. Point Juncture, WA - Biathalon / Heart to Elk
08. Opening Flower Happy Bird - You And Tobias / The Projectionist
09. Hta - Thet Hta / Longing For The Past: The 78 Rpm Era In Southeast Asia
10. The Beatles - Bad Boy (mono) / The Capitol Albums Vol.2
11. Generation X - Shakin' All Over / single
12. The J.B.'s - Pass the Peas / Food for Thought
13. Wire - Men 2nd / Chairs Missing
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.