Fanatics! The State of Music Is So Good Right Now
Photo by Heidi May
[Every Sunday from 8 to 10 p.m., Henry Rollins brings an exclusive mix of songs old and new to listeners at 89.9 FM, KCRW. Visit KCRW.com for more information and to stream his show online, or peruse the Radio Notes archives to see past playlists.]
RADIO BROADCAST #308
Fanatic! I can’t wait for you to hear this show.
Great track starting our second hour. Russell Street Bombing is an interesting band. If I have all of this correct, you have members of Dick Diver, Eastlink, Total Control and the UV Race in it. Jerry over at Smart Guy Records sent us the tracks so we could play them. We were supposed to start last week but I got the release date incorrect, so we start a week later. Really cool band and record. Here is where you can get more information: https://russellstbombings.bandcamp.com/releases
I’m Not One of the Cool Kids and No One Tells Me Anything Dept.: I miss all kinds of cool stuff because I am not in the loop. I find out about great shows a week later, but now and then, I luck out. Larry at In the Red Records wrote me and told me about a show happening at the Griffin in Los Feliz last Monday night. Fuzz and Thee Oh Sees. I got there early before the place packed out. Both bands were so great. Fuzz went on first and were incredible. After that Thee Oh Sees hit stage with the two-drummer lineup and it was fantastic. I miss everything and had never seen them play. For both bands, the records are great, but live is where it all happens. I got back to my place at 0107 hrs. and had to be at work early the next morning. I was a little bleary but I got all my work done and days later, am still so happy I got to see these bands play.
I hope you like the songs we have lined up for you here. The next show is underway and I have a feeling it’s probably going to be one of the greatest things that has ever happened in the history of radio.
The state of music is so good right now.
Keep it happening and STAY FANATIC!!!
01. Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) / Astroman Studio Outtakes 3:36
02. Ex-Cult - Clinical Study /Cigarette Machine 2:14
03. Bo Diddley - Road Runner / His Best 2:49
04. The Clash - Brand New Cadillac / London Calling 2:08
05. Generation X - Shakin' All Over / single 2:45
06. Alan Vega - Be-Bop-A-Lula / Jukebox Babe 2:22
07. Le Butcherettes - Demon Stuck In Your Eye 2:23
08. Wand - Floating Head / Golem 3:08
09. Meatbodies - Mud Gals / single 4:26
09. Ty Segall – Circles / Mr. Face EP 3:06
10. Ooga Boogas - I Can't Clear My Name / Booga Box 1:20
11. Dominic Frontiere - The Outer Limits - Main Title / soundtrack 1:24
12. Motorhead - The Hammer / The Ace of Spades 2:48
13. The Other Half - Mr. Pharmacist / Mr. Pharmacist & Lost Singles 2:33
13. Mulatu Astatke – Kulunmanqueleshi / Mulatu Of Ethiopia 2:13
14. Parliament - Funky Woman / Osmium 2:59
15. Priestess - The Shakes / Hello Master 3:21
01. Russell Street Bombings - Give Us Away / Russell Street Bombings 2:27
02. Meat Puppets - Up On The Sun / Up On The Sun 4:29
03. Cramps - Rocket In My Pocket / bootleg 2:43
04. The Kyoto Nohgaku Kai – Nakairiraigyo / Japanese Noh Music 1:56
05. MC5 – Gold / Babes In Arms 3:02
06. Runhild Gammelsæter – Senescence / Amplicon 2:12
07. Ben Simmons – Untitled / Living Is Hard - West African Music In Britain 1927-1929 3:29
08. Lalo Schifrin - Mission: Impossible / The Reel Lalo Schifrin 2:33
09. Vitor Hublot - Aller Simple / BIPPP: French Synth Wave 1979-85 3:49
10. Guerilla Toss - A Pig Who Feeds / 367 Equalizer 3:31
11. Alex Cameron - Real Bad Lookin / Jumping the Shark 4:33
12. Erase Errata - A Thief Detests The Criminal Elements Of The Ruling Class / At Crystal Palace 2:11
13. Thee Oh Sees - I Am Smoke / Putrifiers II Demo Disc 2:03
14. White Fence – Actor / For the Recently Found Innocent 2:01
15. The Fall - Happi Song / Ersatz GB 4:20
Like us on Facebook at LAWeeklyMusic
Email Henry at Henryontheradio@gmail.com.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Los Angeles, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.