RADIO BROADCAST #290
Fanatic! we are so excited to bring you this show. A few weeks ago, I took out a stack of singles and flipped them to digital so we could get them onto the show. I thought it would be great to have a show with a lot of stuff that would be a bit more difficult to play.
I am currently in Grand Rapids. It’s a night off. I was onstage last night at the Baird Theater in Washington, DC being interviewed by Q and Not U’s Chris Richards. He is now a music writer for the Washington Post. It was part of a series the Smithsonian is doing. I thought it went very well.
I am listening to the songs as I write this and I am really digging it.
I am out in the world for another week or so but when I get back to the office, I will pull out more vinyl that might not be in the digital world and we can get more of that happening for November. I would like to do more shows with the vinyl component. It takes a lot of time but if I can get it into the schedule, I can do it.
There is so much greatness in tonight’s show, I don’t know if I can pick any favorite tracks. I am thinking the alt mix of the Cramps track, where you can really hear just how amazing Lux’s vocal is, that’s up there but the Lorelle Meets the Obsolete and Sleep tracks are also incredible. Hearing the Jack Name track, damn, I hope there’s another album in the works. Light Show was one of my favorites of this year.
We hope you dig the show and prepare for more great music on the way. Enjoy the greatest month of the year and STAY FANATIC!!!
See Henry's playlist on the next page...
Like us on Facebook at LAWeeklyMusic
Follow us on Twitter @LAWeeklyMusic, Henry Rollins @henryrollins and like us at LAWeeklyMusic.
Henry Rollins' 20 Favorite Punk Albums
Henry Rollins' Favorite Albums of 2013
Henry Rollins: The American People Kicked Your Ass, Republicans
Henry Rollins: Gay Marriage Is Punk Rock
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
01. Lorelle Meets The Obsolete - Medicine to Cure Medicine Sickness / single
02. Jack Name - Belly Full Of Blood / single
03. The Vomit Visions – Fantasy World / single
04. Alan Vega - Doomo Dance / Power on to Zero Hour
05. Ween - Can U Taste The Waste? / The Pod
06. The Razors – Enemy / single
07. The Misfits - Horror Hotel / 12 Hits From Hell
08. The Birthday Party - Say A Spell / Six Strings That Drew Blood
09. The Lurkers - Ain't Got A Clue / Fulham Fallout
10. Wire – The 15th / 154
11. Afflicted Man - Hippy Punk / Afflicted Man's Musical Bag
12. Happy Go Licky – Ansol / Will Play
13. David Bowie - Look Back In Anger / Lodger
01. Scorpions - Robot Man / In Trance
02. The Cramps – Strychnine (Ardent Studios, Memphis 10/77) / bootleg
03. MC5 - Gotta Keep Movin' / High Time
04. Thin Lizzy - Romeo and the Lonely Girl / Jailbreak
05. Junior Murvin - Police And Thieves / Arkology
06. Boris – Peach / single
07. Newtown Neurotics – Hypocrite / Labels Unlimited Comp. LP
08. Ausmuteants - 15 Frames Per Second / single
09. Angry Angles - The 15th / single
10. Steven R. Smith - Wan And Smiling Assent / Autumn Is The End
11. Ty Segall - Happy Creeps / single
12. Sleep - The Clarity / 12"