Fanatics! Let's Get Into Some New Music From Kim Salmon and VUM
Photo by Heidi May
[Every Sunday from 8 to 10 p.m., Henry Rollins brings an exclusive mix of songs old and new to listeners at 89.9 FM, KCRW. Visit KCRW.com for more information and to stream his show online, or peruse the Radio Notes archives to see past playlists.]
RADIO BROADCAST #364
Fanatic! We are back together again with more great music.
A few things to mention.
On our April 10 show, in the second hour, we will be rocking the brand-new Summer Flake album Hello Friends from Rice Is Nice. We have a track on for this show but in three weeks, we rock the entire thing.
Also, we have been given the green light to start playing tracks from the Traditional Fools album Fools Gold, coming out soon. Also, Kid Congo’s very excellent new album, La Araña Es La Vida. Both of these are ready for pre-order if you want to get in on that cool, limited, colored vinyl over at In the Red right now.
VUM’s new album, Cryptocrystalline, will be available for digital download on March 25, early May for vinyl, which will be limited. Here is where to get information.
I just got my vinyl copies of the two new Guerilla Toss records, Flood Dosed and Eraser Stargazer. They are fantastic and really deliver on vinyl. We will be getting into these records in the weeks upcoming.
I pre-ordered the new Kim Salmon album from Bang Records out of Spain as soon as I got the notice. It arrived last week and I got it on the turntable immediately. Just my opinion but I think it might be Kim’s best record. It is so damn good. It didn’t come with a download card, so I am waiting for the CD that I also ordered. When I get the rest of the tracks, we will get right into it.
Also, the David Bowie collection of BBC recordings, Bowie at the Beeb, which enjoyed a multi-CD release several years ago, has just been released as a 4-LP set, which sounds amazing. I cannot encourage you enough to check this one out as soon as you’re able.
As to what we have on for this show, you know how it is, Fanatic. Every week, we strive to give you nothing but the very best and I do believe we have done it again. I am listening to all the tracks now and it’s working quite well. Hopefully, you will have the same result.
Have a tuneful week and STAY FANATIC!!!
Follow me on Twitter: @henryrollins
01. Iggy Pop - In the Lobby / Post Pop Depression
02. Ty Segall - Baby Big Man (I Want a Mommy) / Emotional Mugger
03. Melt-Banana - Pig to Dog / 13 Hedgehogs (MxBx Singles 1994-1999)
04. Wire - Options R / Pink Flag
05. Summer Flake - Wine Won't Wash Away / Hello Friends
06. Charles Moothart - Glass Eye / Still Life of Citrus & Slime
07. Guerilla Toss - Ritual in Light / Flood Dosed
08. The Birthday Party - Figure of Fun / Prayers On Fire
09. Kim Salmon - Pathologise Me / My Script
10. Daniel Johnston - I Will / Songs of Pain 1980-81
11. The Sunnyboys - Trouble in My Brain / Sunnyboys
12. Soccer Team - Short-Term Expectations / Real Lessons in Cynicism
13. Olivia Neutron-John - Death-Tango / download
14. Puff Pieces - Wanna No / Bland in D.C.
15. Mukhsin - Tanjuang Sani / Folk and Pop Sounds of Sumatra Vol. 2
16. Patrick Vian - Tunnel 4, Red Noise / Bruits et Temps Analogues
01. Deerhoof - Last Fad / La Isla Bonita
02. Scientist - De Materialize / Meets the Space Invaders
03. Killing Joke – Complications / Killing Joke
04. VUM – Katrine / Cryptocrystalline
05. Pumice - Is Love an Emotion / Patu
06. The Anti-Job - You Caught My Heart by Surprise / As a Place
07. Flin Flon – Colgate / A-Ok
08. Dizu Plaatjes – Eqonce / Ibuyambo
09. Rites of Spring – Theme / Rites of Spring
10. Lèmma Dèmissèw - Adrashash Tèfabegn / Éthiopiques 8: Swinging Addis 1969-1974
11. Panatda - Let's Go / Thai Beat a Go-Go Vol. 03
12. Ex Hex - Waste Your Time / Rips
13. HTRK - Look at That Girl / Nostalgia
14. Suicide - I Remember / single
15. The Saints - Nights in Venice / (I'm) Stranded
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Los Angeles, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.