Fanatics! Henry Rollins' KCRW Show Tomorrow Night: Recovering From a Stooges Coma
KCRW Broadcast #144 for Saturday, December 10
Fanatics! What a show! It's the mother of all shows. It's gigantic and fantastic! It is extraordinary and wonderful in every way. It hits all the marks and nails all the notes. Trust me on this. I am an expert at sitting uselessly in a chair and listening to good music and this is one is a top notch. Top notch!
I am still pulling out of my Stooges coma. I am still tripping from seeing Iggy and the band last week. I have been listening to Stooges, Iggy solo records as well as the very fine Sin Sin Sin album by Le Butcherettes, who opened for the Stooges and killed it up there.
Tonight, you get new Wire, a shot of Metabolist, who we have not rocked in a long time. More new Oh Sees, Le Butcherettes, a smokin' version of Thin Lizzy's "Cowboy Song" from the brand new Thin Lizzy BBC box set, pricey but worf it, mate! Also, a great Mike Watt cut from his Hyphenated Man album. Some Yiddish Rap from Chibi Vision, new Climax Denial and some Coyle & Sharpe and blues stylings from the incomparable Robert Pete Williams.
Thanks again for all the cool mail from all over the world about last week's show. Myself, the Young Will Bentley and Engineer X live to serve you up the best Jihad Jams we can week after week.
Next week is going to be Dinosaur Jr. heavy as the band is on tour on the West coast and I will be with them, interviewing the band before they play their Bug album in its entirety. I have seen them do this eight times this year and I can't wait for another week of monster sounds by one of my favorite bands of all time.
Listen live if you can and STAY FANATIC!!! --Henry
Henry can be reached at: Henryontheradio@gmail.com, or follow him on Twitter @henryrollins.
Read on for Henry's tracklisting.
01. Gang Of Four - At Home He's A Tourist / Entertainment!
02. Fat Worm Of Error - Return of the Thin White Dook / Broods
03. Farflung - Prototype of a Traveler / 9 Pin Body
04. The Stains - Nowhere / The Stains
05. The Nutmegs - Comin' Home / Memories Of Times Square Vol. 4
06. Young Marble Giants - Final Day / Peel Session 1980
07. Ravi Shankar - Vandana / In Celebration
08. Television - See No Evil / Marquee Moon
09. Dinosaur Jr. - I Ain't Sayin / Where You Been
10. Fat Navarro - Move / The 1946-1949 Small Group Sessions
11. The Cramps - The Mad Daddy (orig. mix) / Songs the Lord Taught Us
12. Wire - Clay - Wire Red Barked Tree
13. Metabolist - Alien On Sunday / Hansten Klork
14. Metal Urbain - Cle De Contact / Les Hommes Morts Sont Dangereux
15. Ute Lemper - Der Song Von Mandelay / Sings Kurt Weill Vol. 2
16. Thee Oh Sees - Crushed Grass / Carrion Crawler / The Dream
17. Frank Zappa - For The Young Sophisticate / Läther
18. Joe Lally - Skin And Bone / Nothing Is Underrated
19. Gun Club - Goodbye Johnny / Early Warning
20. The Beach Boys - Heroes And Villains / The SMilE Sessions
21. Cabaret Voltaire - News From Nowhere / The Voice Of America
22. Le Butcherettes - All You See In Me Is Death / Sin Sin Sin
23. The Ruts - Demolition Dancing / Grin And Bear It
24. Thin Lizzy - Cowboy Song / Thin Lizzy: At the BBC
25. Mike Watt - Hammering-Castle-Bird-Man / Hyphenated-Man
26. Bassekou Kouyaté & Ngoni Ba - Bassekou / Segu Blue
27. Chibi Vision - Side Kick / Chibi Vision
28. Iggy Pop - I'm Bored / New values
29. Climax Denial - All Of My Loves / All Of My Loves Are Like Dreams
30. Coyle & Sharpe - The Yodeller / The Insane But Hilarious World Of
31. Robert Pete Williams & Robert "Guitar" J. Welch - Mississippi Heavy Water Blues / Country Negro Jam Session
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.