Fanatics! Henry Rollins' KCRW Show Tomorrow Night: Cramps, Andy Warhol References
KCRW Broadcast #156 for Saturday, March 17, 2012
Fanatics! I am writing you from what's left of a night off in Washington DC. I had a good day driving around town with Ian MacKaye. A few hours ago, we drove by the house where Minor Threat played their first show.
Saturday night's show is pre-taped. That being said, we have done our best to make it as good as we can. I think we have succeeded. Due to the fact that I am in Pittsburgh while the show is playing on the mighty KCRW, and seeing how the Warhol Museum is putting on the show, I thought it best to start and end the show with Warhol references.
I am glad we have some Cramps in the set. Ian and I drove by the old Ontario Theater earlier today. That's where we saw The Clash, Gang Of Four, Buzzcocks, Damned and the Cramps. Whenever I am here, I always think of them and miss the fact that Lux is gone.
If you check out our wonderful playlist, I think you will see that you are in for a very good two hours of your life. I do hope you enjoy it.
New Album Alert: Get ready for a great album by J Mascis and friends. Many years ago, J was part of a trio jam unit called Heavy Blanket. They never recorded the songs they wrote in 1984. Last winter, they got together and laid them down. I have heard the record and it's six slices of brain damaging, guitar drenched instrumentals. Looks like it's coming out in early May. I am trying to secure some tracks for airplay. I will let you know what I come up with.
Remember that on April 7, Ian MacKaye is live in the studio with us. It should be a great night of music and conversation. Listen to the jams tonight and STAY FANATIC!!! --Henry
Henry can be reached at: Henryontheradio@gmail.com, or follow him on Twitter @henryrollins.
Read on for Henry's tracklisting.
01. David Bowie - Andy Warhol / Hunky Dory
02. Them - I Can Only Give You Everything / Nuggets II
03. Moebius & Plank - Feedback 66 / Rastakraut Pasta
04. Artificial Peace - Dead End / Complete Session November 81
05. The Velvet Underground - There She Goes Again (mono) / The VU & Nico
06. Herbie Nichols - Cro-Magnon Nights / Complete Blue Note Recordings (Vol. 1)
07. Big Star - Till The End Of The Day / Third/Sister Lovers
08. The Third Bardo - I'm Five Years Ahead Of My Time / Nuggets
09. Root Beer Barrels - Primevil Luv / Soft Hard Rock
10. Omar Souleyman - Kell Il Banat Inkhatban (All The Girls Are Engaged) / Jazeera Nights: Folk And Pop Sounds Of Syria
11. Saint Vitus - One Mind / Die Healing
12. Hott Beat - Pants Will Make You Smarter / A Hott Mess
13. Shapes - Wot's For Lunch Mum? (Not Beans Again!) / Songs For Sensible People
14. Serra - Hold / La Sera
15. Karp - Handsome Traveler / Mustaches Wild
16. Dead Moon - Demona / Strange Pray Tell
17. Veena Sahasrabuddhe - Mahakaali Dhyyana Mantra / Kaali
18. The Ramones - Chain Saw / Ramones
19. The Saints - Orstralia / Eternally Yours
20. Dwight Pullen - Sunglasses After Dark / Rockin' Bones: 1950s Punk & Rockabilly
21. Cramps - Sunglasses After Dark / Songs the Lord Taught Us
22. Rob - Loose Up Yourself / Funky Rob Way
23. Dubs - Could This Be Magic / The Doo Wop Box II (1957-1960)
24. Wire - Ex Lion Tamer / Pink Flag
25. Dillinger - King of the Road / Bionic Dread
26. Cigarettes- Frivolous Disguises / Will Damage Your Health!
27. Melt-Banana - SURFIN' USA / MXBX 1998: 13,000 Miles At Light Velocity
28. Metal Boys - Be Bop Dee Zee Bop / Tokio Airport
29. Motörhead - No Class / All The Aces: Best Of
30. Gun Club - Humanesque / Pastoral Hide & Seek
31. Shonen Knife - Goose Step Mama / Rutles Highway Revisited - A Tribute to the Rutles
32. Kraftwerk- Die Stimme Der Energie / Radio-Aktivität
33. Lou Reed - Vicious / Transformer
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Los Angeles, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.