Fanatics! Henry Rollins' KCRW Show Tomorrow Night: British Invasion
KCRW Broadcast #175 for Saturday, July 28, 2012
Fanatics! Since I will be in beautiful Dorset, UK on this evening, we have already put this show together and it is ready to lunge forth when the engineers at KCRW hit the button.
Tonight's show is a bit of a concept. We will be rockin' bands from England as well as artists not from England whose careers were either launched there as in the case of Jimi Hendrix or well received there as was the case in the Ramones. I don't think there are many bands or artists here who you are unaware of, so tonight, consider this a break from all the exploring we have done over the last few weeks.
That being said, tonight's show is a really good mix tape and a great way to spend two hours, no matter where in the world you are.
I wanted to make you aware of a few shows coming up so you're good and ready.
Next week, I will be in Germany and our show will be all bands from Germany or bands singing in German. It's all done and it's a really great show.
The week after, August 11th, we have a special show lined up that I think you're going to like. In our 2nd hour, we will be playing the brand new and unreleased album by Thee Oh Sees called Putrifier II. It's a great one and it won't be out for weeks so you will get the drop on this excellent release by merely tuning in!
On September 15th, we have a fantastic show lined up that I wanted to give you advanced notice on, even though it's weeks away. In our first hour, we will listen to the first Jimi Hendrix Experience album, Are You Experienced in mono. I made a very nice transfer from an excellent quality LP I picked up in Australia this year. We will listen to the album all the way through and then finish the hour with two Hendrix singles, both in mono. In our 2nd hour, we will rock the brand new Dinosaur Jr. album I Bet On Sky! It will be out the following week but on Saturday, we get it all to ourselves. It's yet another excellent Dinosaur Jr. album. We are very happy to be able to bring this to you and we thank the band, their manager Brian and the label Jagjaguar for allowing us to do this.
I hope you enjoy tonight's show. I have played this one through a few times and it's sounding good so hopefully, it serves you well. Thanks for listening and STAY FANATIC!!! --Henry
Henry can be reached at: Henryontheradio@gmail.com, or follow him on Twitter @henryrollins.
Read Henry's tracklist below.
01. Generation X - Kleenex / Generation X
02. X-Ray Spex - Oh Bondage Up Yours! / single
03. The Clash - 1977 / Black Market Clash
04. The Adverts - Back from the Dead / Singles Collection
05. Eater - Outside View / Album, Singles +
06. The Machines - Everything's Technical / single
07. The Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen in Love / Singles Going Steady
08. The Ruts - West One (Shine On Me) / Punk Singles Collection
09. The UK Subs - Scum Of The Earth / Another Kind Of Blues
10. The Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop / It's Alive
11. The Vibrators - Judy Says (Knock You In The Head) / Best Of
12. The Lurkers - Cyanide / God's Lonely Men
13. Jimi Hendrix - Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window / Symphony of Experience
14. Hawkwind - Silver Machine (single version) / In Search of Space
15. Roxy Music - Both Ends Burning / Siren
16. David Bowie - Because You're Young / Scary Monsters
01. Wire - Lowdown / Pink Flag
02. Killing Joke - Change / Killing Joke
03. Joy Division - Wilderness / Unknown Pleasures
04. 999 - I'm Alive / Singles
05. The Damned - Rabid / single
06. Led Zeppelin - Dancing Days / Houses Of The Holy (mono)
07. The Rolling Stones - Hang Fire / Tattoo You
08. Black Sabbath - Hole in the Sky / Sabotage
09. Robin Trower - Day of the Eagle / Bridge of Sighs
10. The Fall - Totally Wired / single
11. Family Fodder - Savoir Faire / More Great Hits!
12. Essential Logic - No More Fiction / Fanfare In The Garden
13. Young Marble Giants - Salad Days / Another Kind Of Blues
14. Ludus - My Cherry Is In Sherry / The Damage
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Los Angeles, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.