Fanatics! Henry Rollins' KCRW Show Saturday Night: L.A. Weekly Cover Stars Tearist, Plus La Sera, Lydia Kavina
KCRW BROADCAST #113 for Saturday, May 7.
Fanatics! Greetings from Louisiana. I am down here doing a little work with National Geographic. It's just the start of a lot of footage we will be shooting over the next several weeks all over America and abroad. It's going to be very hot where we're going.
I think you're going to like what we have lined up for you tonight. A new addition to our play list is an L.A. band called Tearist, very cool. If you like the track you hear, that's an album you'll want to check out.
I did my best to keep the show moving and bouncing all over the place. I didn't want to get too conceptual, seeing that we went that way last week. By the way, thanks for all the cool letters about playing the X Ray Spex album all the way through. It's a great one.
More Mae Shi, more Pontiak and a cool track from Katy Goodman's new thing La Sera. I had this album sitting in a stack of stuff to be played and finally, it was at the top. I put it and let the music play. Liking this record a lot, it has that big Phil Spector sound without the sad ending.
You'll hear me tell the story during our show but tonight, we finally get a chance to play a track from Lydia Kavina's live album. I never thought I would hear this album. Listen to the show and you'll hear how I got this album.
We will be back together live in the studio next week The Big Three on 89.9 KCRW - THE SPEAR. I will be working on next week's show post shoot days in small hotel rooms in Louisiana and Florida. If everything goes according to plan, I will be spending some time around very large alligators. I hope I get through the weekend intact. Watch your fingers and STAY FANATIC!!! --Henry
Henry can be reached at: Henryontheradio@gmail.com
Read on for Rollins' list of tracks:
01. Boozoo Chavis - Dog Hill / Boozoo Chavis
02. Mississippi Fred McDowell - Shake 'Em On Down / Mississippi Fred McDowell
03. Dio - Black / Angry Machines
04. Scattered Order - This Is A Song About Love / 41 Pardons
05. Melt-Banana - Plot In a Pot / Scratch or Stitch
06. PJ Harvey - Bitter Branches / Let England Shake
07. Blind Willie Johnson - Dark Was the Night, Cold Was the Ground / Complete
08. Henry Thomas - Bull-Doze Blues / Ragtime Texas
09. Tearist - Without One / Living: 2009-Present
10. Googoosh - Bemoun Ta Bemounam / Pomegranates
11. Ivan - Real Wild Child / The Golden Age Of American Rock 'N' Roll - Vol. 6
12. Iggy Pop - Loco Mosquito / Soldier
13. Henry Grimes Trio - Saturday Night What Th' / The Call
14. Birthday Party - Fears of Gun / Bad Seed EP
15. Rain - Snakeout / La Vache Qui Rit
16. The Fontaine Toups - TFT / The Fontaine Toups
17. Flipper - Ha Ha Ha / Sex Bomb Baby
18. Mae-Shi - Summer In Gomorrah / To Hit Armor Class Zero
19. Pontiak - Young / Living
20. La Sera - Never Come Around / La Sera
21. Group Doueh - Aziza / Zayna Jumma
22. Hawkwind - Silver Machine / In Search of Space
23. Rondelles - The Upshot / The Fox
24. Altamont - Red Jackson / Acid King / Altamont Split Release
25. Lydia Kavina - Palestinian Song / Concerto Per Theremin: Live in Italy
26. Generation X - Kleenex / Generation X
27. Babs Gonzales - Then You'll Be Boppin' Too / Weird Lullaby
28. X-Ray Spex - I Am A Cliché / Let's Submerge
29. James Brown - Give It Up or Turn It Loose / Revolution of the Mind
30. Manu Chao - Minha Galera / Clandestino
31. Tumbleweed - Millennium / The Waterfront Years 1991-1993
32. Frankie Ford - Sea Cruise / Loud Fast & Out Of Control
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.
More Music News
- Hear L.A. Doom-Metalers Ancient Altar's Bleak, Majestic Dead Earth (PREMIERE)
Tue., Sep. 1, 10:30pm
Wed., Sep. 2, 7:00pm
Wed., Sep. 2, 7:30pm
Wed., Sep. 2, 9:00pm
- La Santa Cecilia's Eclectic Sound Reps the Cultural Diversity of Los Angeles
- A Year After the Death of Bassist Ventura XIII, Black Lodge Returns (PREMIERE)