RADIO BROADCAST #295
Fanatic! Another week, another great show. You are perhaps baffled at how the hell we keep doing it. You probably spend hours and hours, walking on green patches of land, looking deep into your coffee cup, shaking your fist at the moon! Well maybe not, but thanks for listening nonetheless.
These notes will have to be on the brief side as I am due in the studio soon for day number two of an audio book I am working on. I am the voice of choice to narrate the new Greil Marcus book, The History of Rock 'n' Roll in Ten Songs. Great book. I have been reading it over and over for the last few days and I will be reading it for about six hours straight starting in less than two hours.
Thank you for all the kind letters you sent in about last week’s show featuring the Utech label. I have sent them onto Keith Utech and he thanks you. Really cool stuff, right? Keith will keep us in the loop on all things Utech and will keep putting things into the mix when we can.
Tonight’s show is another two hours of excellent gear. We are rocking a very interesting track from the new Fugazi release of their first demo. Roberto Opalio, one half of My Cat Is an Alien checks in with some cool solo sounds.
Here is some info on how to get some of these records:
Dischord Records: http://www.dischord.com/
Utech Records: http://www.utechrecords.com/
In The Red Records: http://intheredrecords.com/
Merge Records: http://www.mergerecords.com/
4 A D Records: http://www.4ad.com/
Drastic Plastic Records: http://www.drasticplasticrecords.com/
My Cat Is An Alien: http://www.mycatisanalien.com/news.htm
We hope you dig the show. More to come if we don’t get canned. You never know. The radio business is a rough room and you never know when yer out!
Be cool, stay warm and STAY FANATIC!!!
See Henry's playlist on the next page...
Like us on Facebook at LAWeeklyMusic
Follow us on Twitter @LAWeeklyMusic, Henry Rollins @henryrollins and like us at LAWeeklyMusic.
Henry Rollins' 20 Favorite Punk Albums
Henry Rollins: Gay Marriage Is Punk Rock
Henry Rollins: Musical Elitism Is for Lightweights
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
01. Hawkwind - Lord Of Light (single version) / Doremi Fasol Latido
02. Kemialliset Ystävät - Apinatkin Laulaa / Alas Rattoisaa Virtaa
03. Ex Hex - Radio On / Rips
04. Empire - Expensive Sound / Expensive Sound
05. Huun Huur Tu - Avam Churtu Dugayimny (Dugai, Land Of My Mother) / Where Young Grass Grows
06. Fugazi - Turn Off Your Guns / First Demo
07. Alternative TV - Good Times / The Image Has Cracked
08. Kraftwerk – Nummern / Computer Welt
09. Tilt - Arkade Funk / 12”
10. Nervous Patterns - Not Living In A Modern World / Nervous Patterns
11. Dead Machines - Track 03 / Live From Sandblasters Court (AM 276)
12. Meatbodies – Plank / Meatbodies
13. Ausmuteants - Not Whole / Order of Operation
14. The Living Eyes - Heard It All Before / The Living Eyes
01. Runhild Gammelsæter – Evolution / Amplicon
02. Wolfgang Riechmann – Wunderbar / Wunderbar
03. Kas Product – Mind (extra track on CD version) / Try Out
04. Julee Cruise - I Float Alone / Floating Into the Night
05. Alan Vega – Hammered / DuJang Prang
06. Guerilla Toss - 367 Equalizer / 367 Equalizer
07. Roberto Opalio - Hic et Nunc / Aurora Coelestis
08. Straight Arrows - Haunted Out / It’s Happening
09. Scott Walker + Sunn O))) – Fetish / Soused