Fanatics! All About Tago Mago
RADIO BROADCAST #278
Fanatics! I am happy to be able to lay this very cool and special show on you.
I was lucky enough to get a great sounding copy of Can’s amazing album Tago Mago. I was listening to it several weeks ago and it sounded so good, I thought I would make a CDR of it and see if it sounded better than the official CD release. I found my CDR to be superior and thought it would a great idea for us to listen to this homemade version all the way through. We have put together this show with Tago Mago in the second half of the first hour and the first half of the second hour. So, we will still have our all over the place mix of songs with a great double album in the middle.
We have had this show planned for a long time and are excited for it to be hitting the air. Hopefully, you can tell that we never dial these shows in. They are carefully assembled and prepared.
If you look at all the songs on either side of Tago Mago, you will see that we have a very eclectic and different show for you. As always, we aim to please, so hopefully, you will dig all the sounds.
Can is not everyone’s thing, of course and if you find yourself not into it, please, please try to stay with it. This is an incredibly unique and special album.
I thought Douglas Wolk’s very cool write up of the album on the Pitchfork site would be a good bit of reading for any Fanatic who wanted to get a lay of the land as to what Tago Mago will be bringing. Thanks to Mr. Wolk for writing it.
Fanatic, I hope you will check out the Le Butcherettes album when it comes out, hopefully this year. I think it is so great. They are so not messing around. Standout.
Tonight’s show is a bit different than our usual format but if there is an audience that is elastic and ready for something different, it is you, Fanatic, so we deliver this show with all confidence that you will dig it.
I hope you are enjoying the summer, wherever it finds you and that you are listening to a ton of music.
I will be in LA next Sunday for this: Omar Souleyman in Conversation with Henry Rollins
Keep listening and STAY FANATIC!!!
See Henry's playlist on the next page...
Like us on Facebook at LAWeeklyMusic
01. Babs Gonzales - Capitolizing / Weird Lullaby
02. Unrest - The Hill / Fuck Pussy Galore (And All Her Friends)
03. Ben Reynolds - Golden Arm / Singing Knives Compilation
04. Phloen Phromdaen - Lam Khaen / Longing For The Past: The 78 Rpm Era In Southeast Asia
05. Le Butcherettes - Your Weakness Gives Me Life / Cry Is For the Flies
06. Can - Paperhouse/Mushroom/Oh Yeah / Tago Mago
07. Can - Halleluhwah / Tago Mago
01. Can - Aumgn / Tago Mago
02. Can - Peking O/Bring Me Coffee Or Tea / Tago Mago
03. Urabe Masayoshi - Kampanerura VI / Kampanerura
04. Islaja - Laivat Saapuu / Maan Matoset
05. Velvet Underground - Lady Godiva's Operation (mono) / White Light / White Heat
06. Kvantti - Doppelgänger / Tididii Tididii Tididiididii - A 267 Lattajjaa Compilation
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Los Angeles, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.