Attention Incubus Fans: Top Secret, Invite-Only Shows Start Tomorrow!
Top Secret Incubus shows are happening this week!
Starting tomorrow, Incubus will be unleashing a week's worth of special events for fans in Los Angeles to celebrate the release of their new album If Not Now, When?
From June 30-July 6, select fans can attend chats with the band, musician's clinics, a behind the scenes look at their tour prep and some very secret shows.
As Jimmy Moon posted on Incubus HQ's message board:
"Tickets are not being sold for these events. It's invite only and we can't figure out who to invite. That's where you come in. Give us some ideas of how we can pick the list. Think out of the box and think about how we can give everybody who'd like to be there a fair shot. Think about how we can involve fans not just from LA but also Incubus fans in the US and internationally as well."
Some ideas included trivia contests, video submissions and an online name-that-Incubus-song competition. Ultimately it was decided that whoever signed up for one of the how-to clinics at Incubus HQ Live from 10am - 6pm PT would be eligible to win a spot to see the band perform the night of their scheduled clinic. Only 75 people can attend each performance and will be selected via a random daily drawing.
So it sounds like if you haven't been trolling IncubusHQ the past two weeks, you do not have a chance in hell to attend one of the six invite-only performances at HQLive. However, Incubus will be streaming the performances live on the internet and are trying to make it as interactive as possible.
And there's still time to enter the "Show Incubus Around Your Town" contest to win free tickets and backstage passes. Here are the details:
Incubus is starting a world tour soon! The dates and venues for the "If Not Now, When?" World Tour can be found on the 'Tour' tab of Incubus World Headquarters. (http://incubushq.com/events/event/listUpcoming) They'd like to see what the world has to offer beyond the stage, however, and for that they need your help. Fans around the world are constantly offering to show Incubus the best of what their cities have to offer, so Incubus would like to accept the invitation. The band would like fans to submit their best audition at playing tour guide for their cities. Show them what makes your town unique, what makes it stand out as a great place to hang out and an awesome place to play a rock show. Show off hole-in-the-wall locations or the best restaurants; places where Incubus might be able to spend a day off to relax and unwind, or even just places that other fans might enjoy to visit. The best and most creative video for each venue will be hand-picked by the band and their management, and given VIP tickets and backstage passes for the show.
* Videos should be between 2-4 minutes in length and feature the highlights and most notable landmarks of the city.
* Videos should have good audio quality and provide a translation into English if they are not recorded in English.
* Videos should be submitted to the group on Incubus World Headquarters corresponding to the venue no less than one week before the concert. The earlier, the better. For example, fans wishing to enter the contest for Berlin will have a better shot at giving the band and their team a chance to review their video if they enter by June 3rd rather than June 10th. The band would like a full week to be able to review all entries and pick the best of the bunch.
* Approximately one week from the concert, the winner will be selected and contacted through Incubus World Headquarters regarding how to receive their passes.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.
More Music News
- 8 Signs That You Might Be a Nightclub Poseur
- Long Beach Rapper KXNG Crooked Is Waging "War Against Wack Shit"
- Fanatics! We Are Rocking New Songs From Charlie Moothart and Guerilla Toss