5 Coolest Things You Could Win in the EDC Vegas Charity Auction
This could be your point of view if you bid on "Be onstage at a DJ set," currently going for $2,025.
There’s something new about EDC this year (besides the lack of overlapping artists between it and other regional mega-festival Hard Summer).
For the first time, Insomniac has partnered with eBay to launch the EDC Week Charity Auction, with proceeds going toward a local charity, Culture Shock Las Vegas. Culture Shock is a non-profit that uses street dance to empower Las Vegas youth to stay clear of drugs and violence. The program gives 25 kids in the community — chosen through auditions — dance and leadership training, as well as educational assistance, according to the charity’s website. Culture Shock plans to use the funds raised through the EDC Week Auction to expand their programs to accommodate even more students.
The 10-day auction — which started May 5 and runs until the 15th — is offering over 50 experiences to fans that want a little more out of their EDC adventure. These range from ultra-VIP access (think kicking back with EDC founder Pasquale Rotella in his private cabana) to one-of-a-kind experiences with EDC artists.
For many fans, just meeting one of their favorite artists is an unforgettable moment. But if your bid wins at this auction, you'll do much more than just that. Here are the five coolest artist experiences you could win in the EDC Week Charity Auction.
1. Make sushi with Krewella. You and a friend could spend an afternoon at Nobu, one of Las Vegas’ best restaurants, learning how to execute the perfect California roll with the Yousaf sisters — aka superstar female DJ duo Krewella.
2. Get to EDC via helicopter with Andy C. The highest bidder and the guest of their choice will take a private helicopter to and from EDC on Friday night, hang out with renowned drum n’ bass DJ Andy C, and walk away with swag bags full of vinyl, CDs, clothes, and more.
3. Eat pizza with Crizzly. The king of crunkstep is hosting a pizza party in his limousine, and you and your best friend are both invited (provided you pay the price, of course).
4. Hang in a private trailer with all the artists. From 5 p.m. to 8 a.m. each night of EDC, you and your pal have access to the artist area, where you can hang out in your own fancy trailer and become BFFs with your favorite DJs on their turf.
5. Drop the first track. Do you dream of playing at EDC? Here’s your chance. Pick any stage and drop the first track of the weekend to get the party started right.
To get in on the action, go to ebay.com/insomniac.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Los Angeles, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.