Edward Vincent Park, the largest park in Inglewood at 55 acres, is integral to the history of Inglewood. Originally called the Centinela Park, it was developed to protect the land and watershed around Centinela Springs.
Today, recreational amenities include a pool complex with an Olympic regulation-sized pool, training pool, wading and bathhouse. There are full basketball courts, softball and soccer fields, eight tennis courts and three parking lots.
Buildings for gatherings and events include the 1934 Veterans’ Memorial Building, 1934; a black box theater/community playhouse with room for 60; and an outdoor amphitheater seating 1000. It is a cultural landmark and crown jewel of the Inglewood Parks, Recreation and Library Services department.
The park was rechristened Edward Vincent Park to honor the much loved former Inglewood politician, Edward Vincent, Jr. A tireless Inglewood booster, Vincent had a hand in much of Inglewood’s development in the 1960s.