Loading...
Porn

Porn's European Syphilis Outbreak Bad Omen For L.A. Adult Industry Shutdown?

Comments (0)

By

Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 8:03 AM
click to enlarge Porn people. - CHRIS HEUER
  • Chris Heuer
  • Porn people.

The porn industry says its production shutdown at the hands of a syphilis scare could last two weeks as all performers are treated, but one expert says it could last longer.

Attorney Michael Fattorosi says that, in light of a major syphilis outbreak in the European industry, the closure could happen for 90 days -- the time it takes for syphilis tests to come up, well, positively negative.

He blogs:

If the United States' outbreak is anything like the outbreak in Europe, the industry might have to close for another 60-90 days. Also, some performers that have refused the penicillin shot will certainly have to wait 90 days to resume work.

Porn star Rocco Sifrfredi told XBIZ news over the weekend that European porn is undergoing a shutdown of unknown duration as a result of as many as 100 performers there turning up positive for syphilis.

click to enlarge Mr. Marcus admitted being patient zero in L.A. porn's syphilis scare. - MRMARCUS.COM
  • mrmarcus.com
  • Mr. Marcus admitted being patient zero in L.A. porn's syphilis scare.

In L.A., the worst estimates so far, those coming from the L.A. County health department, say about 9 people associated with the industry have tested positive for the disease.

And, to be sure, the industry will do its best to make this a two-week speed bump on its route to riches.

Fattorosi says even the current stoppage, which appeared to start Aug. 20, hasn't stopped some in the industry from doing their thing:

Unfortunately, many performers within the Los Angeles industry continue to work despite the moratorium. I even heard that one male talent has said that the syphilis outbreak has been a "goldmine" for him since he was one of the few male performers still willing to work. I have also heard reports of agents continuing to book talent for scenes and even charging them "kill fees" for refusing to perform. Which obviously means there are at least a handful of companies that are still producing.

[@dennisjromero / djromero@laweekly.com / @LAWeeklyNews]

Related Content

Related

Now Trending

  • Jay Z Grand Park Concert Is Official as Mayor Plans Announcement

    It looks like Mayor Eric Garcetti is going to officially announce that a two-day "Budweiser Made in America" festival is taking place  at downtown L.A.'s Grand Park. The mayor's office said today he " will make an announcement with Shawn "JAY Z" Carter, Supervisor Gloria Molina, City Council President Herb...
  • "Compton Division" Pimps Made Millions, Cops Say

    A trio of local pimps forced women to work the streets from San Diego to Las Vegas and beyond, cops say, and they allegedly made millions doing so. But now 31-year-old Robert Walker, 34-year-old Daniel Gunther, and 34-year-old David Sheffey, who called their crew the Compton Division, are behind bars, says...
  • L.A.'s Top 10 Streets for Bicycle Crashes Revealed

    You're probably already aware that there's a hit-and-run epidemic in L.A., and that bicycling in a car-crazed capital like Los Angeles can be hazardous to your health. See also: Critical Mass Bike Ride Recognizes L.A. Hit-&-Run Victims But the nerds at the MIT Media Lab's Social Computing Group recently came up...
    2

Around The Web

Slideshows