Loading...
Porn

Valley Porn Production Resumes Following HIV Scare

Comments (0)

By

Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 1:33 PM

click to enlarge Some activists want porn producers to mandate condom-use on-set. - STEVE LA
  • Steve La
  • Some activists want porn producers to mandate condom-use on-set.
Following last month's HIV scare in adult video, more than a few major porn producers put the brakes on production as the Sherman Oaks-based Adult Industry Medical (AIM) Heathcare Foundation tried to sort out who might have had sexual contact with patient zero.

No other HIV-positive tests were reported, and on Friday Vivid, arguably the world's largest porn studio, announced that it would resume production Monday.

Vivid shut down production Oct. 12 following the positive report for an actor who was believed to have performed in both straight and gay videos.

AIM put performers who had contacted patient zero under a voluntary "quarantine," meaning no sex and no shoots.

"We made the decision to halt production as the health and well-being of our performers is of utmost importance to us," said Vivid chairman Steven Hirsch. "We can now confirm that all performers who were on the quarantine list as a result of being exposed to the HIV-positive performer have gone through two rounds of testing and the results are negative."

The HIV scare put the industry on the defensive as the AIDS Healthcare Foundation used the incident to emphasize its argument that porn sets should be requiring condoms.

As we reported, state authorities agree and have been citing some producers for not using condoms, although enforcement is spotty.

Industry leaders have argued that its system, in which performers undergo twice-a-month tests and producers have access to the results before shoots, works.

"We believe that AIM acted professionally and thoroughly and proved that their system works," Hirsch said. "We will, of course, continue to require recent test results for all performers in our movies and will continue to take all necessary precautions to assure their health and safety."

Related Content

Now Trending

  • Man Suspected in Random Valley Shootings Charged With Murder

    A man named as a suspect in random San Fernando Valley shootings Sunday that took the lives of three people was charged with murder in an earlier attack in Pacoima, the L.A. County District Attorney's office announced this afternoon. The revelation confirms that authorities believe 34-year-old suspect Alexander Hernandez could be...
    3
  • Burning Man Shut Down Due to Weather

    The annual Burning Man festival in Black Rock, Nevada was shut down today after light overnight rains left the area known as the Playa flooded and muddy, officials said. Organizers advised festival-goers heading to the annual event to postpone their arrival until at least midday tomorrow. Burning Man was providing...
  • L.A.'s Hottest New Neighborhood, Frogtown, Doesn't Want the Title

    It’s a sign of changing attitudes that there are no bars or restaurants in L.A.’s latest “most-talked-about” neighborhood. There are no grocery stores, no coffee roasters, no art galleries, no vintage clothing stops. In Frogtown, it's almost impossible to spend money. “There’s no reason for people to come through here,”...
    16
Los Angeles Concert Tickets