Best of L.A. 2014
- Arts & Entertainment
- Bars & Clubs
- Food & Drink
- People & Places
- Shopping & Services
- Sports & Recreation
PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY RICKETT & SONES
If the usual experts are to be trusted, the end of the world is definitely coming one of these days. Some say it'll end in fire; some say in ice. Some say global climate change. All — with apologies to Robert Frost — would suffice.
So what are we to do? Seize the day! Hike that trail. Visit that restaurant. Catch that comedy show you never quite got around to seeing — when our time is short, even L.A.'s horrific traffic should be no deterrent.
For this year's Best of L.A. issue, we consulted five of the city's preeminent tastemakers and got their take on how they would spend their last day in Los Angeles. But no need to follow their blueprint. We've got more than 350 awesome things packed into this issue, along with 100 more winners culled from our annual readers poll. Get to know our favorite places in the City of Angels, the ones that make our heart sing and our pulse quicken. And then go make this city your own — today, before the end comes, before it's too late.
Find more Best of L.A. winners:
- Best Food in a Thrift StoreCafe G
- Best Stoner PizzaPizza of Venice
- Best Bornean FoodBorneo Kalimantan Cuisine
- Best Tableside Dinner PreparationRivaBella
- Best Cheap Indian FoodStreets of India
- Highest CafeThe Cosmic Cafe
- Best New Production BreweryMacLeod Ale Brewing Co.
- Best BiryaniBangla Bazar & Restaurant
- Best Luggage RepairLanger's Luggage Shop and Handbag Hospital
- Best Shoe StoreMacy's
- Best BoutiqueHaus of Love
- Best Place to Buy Water-Wise PlantsCalifornia Cactus Center
- Best Surf ShopMalibu Surf Shack
- Best SpaChuan Spa
- Best Animal HospitalVCA West Los Angeles Animal Hospital
- Best Bike Workshop for WomenBicycle Kitchen
- Best Garden TourGetty Villa
- Best BeachPlaya del Rey
- Best Public PoolHansen Dam Aquatic Center
- Best Urban CaveBronson Canyon
- Best Spin ClassHollywood Wilshire YMCA
- Best Nine-Hole Golf CourseAltadena Golf Course
- Best Martial Arts InstructionThe Yard Muay Thai
- Best Composting ClassLos Angeles County Smart Gardening
This year's Best of L.A. issue pays homage to all the places in the city we're just not ready to say goodbye to yet. But it's not just us telling you our favorites. We also asked you to nominate your favorite places in Los Angeles — and then vote on the finalists. Here are your picks.more
- Cast Your Vote for L.A.'s Best Art Gallery, Instagrammer, Improv Group and More
- Help Us Determine L.A.'s Top Chefs, Tacos, Cocktails, Burgers, Brunch and More for Our Best of L.A. Issue!
- 10 Best Taiwanese Restaurants In Los Angeles
- Vote Now in Our Best of L.A. Readers' Choice Awards!
- 10 Best Restaurants for Brunch in Los Angeles
- Vote Now for the Weekly's Best of L.A. Shopping, Services, Sports and Recreation
- 10 Best Bánh Mì Sandwiches in Los Angeles
- 10 Best Doughnuts in Los Angeles
- 10 Best Breakfast Spots in Los Angeles
- 10 Best Restaurants in Silver Lake
- 10 Best Sushi Restaurants in Los Angeles
- America's Top 10 Regional Sandwiches, as Interpreted by L.A.
- 10 Best Pizza Places in Los Angeles
- 10 Best Restaurants in Los Angeles for Outdoor Dining