This Week in Media WTFBBQ: This Internet's Dead Anyway
Maybe it's because of the looming Memorial holiday, but social media was kind of dead this week. Seasoned party crashers ourselves, we decided to see what the real media kids were up to. It turns out like everyone else in America they too were having a BBQ... a WTFBBQ. Here are our findings, separated into FTW and WTFBBQ to keep you company on your booze and hot dog addled commemoration of our men and women in service.
5. Obama vs. Cheney Duel: Dear Fox News, I know you must be broadcasting to some Idiocracy parallel universe where Cheney is Dark Overlord and "war is peace," but in case you don't have the Internet on your planet, Cheney no longer has any power here, on Earth. Obama, on the other hand, has his own action figure.
- Our Country's Good
- Winds of Ariston
- Theater League presents Broadway Christmas Wonderland
TicketsSun., Dec. 4, 4:00pm
Belly Dancer of the Universe - Spirit of Christmas
TicketsSun., Dec. 4, 6:00pm
3. LAPD Chief Bratton accused L.A. Weekly reporters of "smoking a little weed." Okay, but what if it was for medicinal purposes? Plus, everyone knows we switched to St. John's Wort and Red Bull after Obama got elected.
4. "I don't care how drunk you are, you post by 9 a.m." Bill Jensen, director of new media for Village Voice Media, talked to Mike Arrington about how blogging "under the influence" is the new "in the black." Suck-up alert: We give him mad props for corporate transparency.
(and last but not least)
1. Some Internet bikini Twitter thing. (Oh yeah, I dare you not to click.)
Get the Theater Newsletter
Get a rundown of upcoming theater events and ticket deals in Los Angeles.