Ten Things to Do While You Sweat Out Your Google Wave Invite
Access to the latest preview has always been a tech status symbol of sorts; useful for eliciting all kinds of Beta envy from co-workers and loved ones alike. So when the Google Wave invite frenzy hit yesterday we got our head out of the clouds and asked our friends at Google what all the fuss was about.
And our Google friends texted us back kindly, "Sent you an invite to your gmail account. Might take them awhile to process. But it looks like you can invite 8 other people."
Excited, we tweeted the news. Then looked at our gmail account. Again. and again. And again when we woke up this morning. Nothing.
From an actual invite (which we have not yet seen).
Invite others to Google Wave
Google Wave is more fun when you have others to wave with, so please nominate people you would like to add. Keep in mind that this is a preview so it could be a bit rocky at times.
Invitations will not be sent immediately. We have a lot of stamps to lick.
According to our sources at Google, apparently "licking stamps" takes two or three days in Australia and while we dodge the deluge of requests for our 8 precious hypothetical invites, we thought of other things one could possibly do, to pass the time.
10. Pretend like you already have one, and see how far you can run with that.
9. Sign up for Brizzly. (This one's serious, we did and it's pretty cool.)
7. Be glad that you're not Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. (If ever there was someone last on the invite list.)
6. Go rogue and start trying to engage your IT department about the Apple/Placebase deal.
4. Ponder how life will be like when you too "practically live inside of the Wave software."
3. Really, seriously, we're talking ontological question level here, ask yourself why you want one.
1. Log-in to your Friendster account. Remember when that was the new new thing? Because we need some perspective here people.
Get the Arts Newsletter
Get the latest news and offers from the LA art scene sent directly to your email address. Exclusive events and art related sales you won't hear about anywhere else!