Nerdy Date Suggestion: Cabrillo Beach Grunion Run, Must Love Fish and Darkness
Is there a special nerd in your life you're trying to impress? Take him or her to a grunion run. July is an open season month on the little fish that walk on land. They come up to spawn on Southern California shores in the summer. Early in the season, you can't touch. Only look. But right now, until the end of the month, you're welcome to hug 'em, eat 'em, love 'em, and pet 'em, and make them your own forever and always.
Cabrillo Beach Marine Aquarium is the ideal place to see the grunions. If you like poking around in the sand at night and being in close proximity to the ocean and don't mind thousands of squirmy fish washing up on your shoes, I highly recommend it. It's fun in a nerdy, science-y way. Next run is July 27 (Tuesday) at 10:30 p.m.
* Flashlight (the stronger the better).
* Shoes you don't mind getting wet.
* Bucket (for capturing fish).
Get the Theater Newsletter
Get a rundown of upcoming theater events and ticket deals in Los Angeles.
More ARTS News
- 5 Great Free Things to Do in L.A. This Week (Besides Seeing Fireworks)
- OKCupid Blind Dating Is Much Less Intense Than OKStupid at UCB (VIDEO)
- 18 Best Things to Do in L.A. This Week